Chapter Seventeen: Plans, Plans, Plans.

“Tomlinson, what the hell?” I ask the very second we’re both seated in his car. “Why would you do this to me?” Louis’ eyes widen at me. I’ve never called him ‘Tomlinson’ before. He can probably tell I’m extremely angry at him.

“Hey, I was trying to help you out here.” I roll my eyes.

“The only thing you helped me do was get into a big, fucking mess.”

“Curls, come on. You and I both know that your mother needs a new boyfriend-”

“But Mr. Wright was the only person you could have thought to suggest?” I ask, cutting the older boy off. Louis looks strangely at me and raises an eyebrow. He’s trying to make it look like he didn’t do anything wrong. Oh, but he did. “You know I hate him, Louis, and now he’s possibly going to date my mother?”

“Harry calm down,” he says while placing a hand on my shoulder. I let out a huff.

“I will not calm down, Louis. I’m pissed at you right now.” Louis fake gasps.

“Really? I could never have guessed!” That’s when I punch his arm. Hard. “Harry! What the hell?” He exclaims as he clutches his arm. His face is scrunched up in pain and he furiously rubs his arm up and down. It’s a funny sight, actually.

I start laughing at him while trying to speak, “You’re pissing me off.”

“I can tell. The bruise that you probably left is going to be huge.” He begins to laugh at his situation too. “Never in a thousand years would I have thought you could hit like that. No, scratch that. Never in a thousand years would I have thought you would hit me like that.” He chuckles at me. Even though I try to put my angry face back on, I can’t prevent myself from smiling. He deserves another punch in the arm.

“Shut up.” He laughs at me again. “Louis, stop. I’m trying to be angry here,” I say, obviously annoyed at him.

“Well I’m too distracted,” he says looking over at me.

“By what?” I question.

“You look hot when you’re mad. Haven’t we established this already?” I roll my eyes at him again.

“You telling me that I’m hot isn’t going to help the situation at all,” I say as I turn to face the window. From where I’m seated, I can see Maisy standing in the courtyard with a bunch of other people. Someone points to me and she turns her head with a big smile and waves towards the car. Returning the smile, I wave back at her.

“I don’t think flirting with your girlfriend over there is going to help the situation either, Curls.” I slowly turn my head towards him.

“I can’t say hi?” I question him, anger returning. Why does he think he can tell me who I can and can’t talk to?

“Never mind, Curls,” he says with a sigh. “I’d rather not cause a big scene in the school parking lot.” I roll my eyes yet again rather than responding to him.

“Can we just go home? I’d rather not fight in front of everyone here.”

“We’re not fighting, Curls,” he says. “I don’t want to fight with you.” When I still don’t look at him, he leans over and slowly presses a kiss to my cheek. My eyes shoot up and look around outside checking for teachers or really anyone who could have seen him. Nobody seems to be looking.

“Louis, are you crazy?” I yell at him. “Anybody could have seen that!” He puts the car in reverse and backs out of the parking lot.

“The only thing I’m crazy about is you, Curls.” We pull out of the school parking lot and onto one of the side roads that isn’t filled with traffic. It’s a faster ride home that way.