Chapter Fifteen: Love... Man, it Bites.

“I cannot believe that I am the one who has to pick you up from detention for an entire week,” Louis says angrily. “What on this Earth were you even thinking?” I cringe at his loud voice as we walk into his house. It’s not like I wanted Maisy and I to get caught.

“I’m sorry,” I apologize. Louis just scoffs and walks into his kitchen leaving me behind. I know he would rather be alone right now. I still find it funny how it happened.  

Maisy and I were sneaking to his room during lunch and we saw Mr. Wright following us. So, I acted quick and pulled her into the boy’s bathroom with me. Mr. Wright saw, and followed us into the room and caught us in a ‘steamy make-out session’ and me with no shirt. He scowled and gave us five days of detention. Of course he was only pissed because we were proving him wrong.

The only thing that even remotely happened when we got into the bathroom was me ripping off my shirt and telling Maisy to play along and that I would explain later.

Because Louis wanted to be alone (he wouldn't have walked away from me otherwise), I pulled my backpack back over my shoulders and quietly opened his front door. I'd leave Louis alone. Besides, it was Friday. I had the entire weekend to fix this with Louis. Today, I'd leave him alone.

Today was the first day in a while I would be going home after school to my actual home. I was actually exited. Before we moved, when I was home alone, I would run around the house singing at the top of my lungs to every song I'd ever written.

I'd do just that today too.

When I've slammed the door shut and locked it behind me, I drop my backpack and belt out the lyrics to a song that was penned by a fourteen year old me.

"You keep talking. Don't wanna listen. I keep trying to tell you baby here's what you're missing," I sang as I danced into the living room dramatically. I’m sure I look a lot like a teenage girl right now. "So selfish; so mean you told me I could say anything." Somewhere along the way, I got to the chorus. "I don't need you anymore." Why on earth did I write this song? I ask myself. All I know is that I was inspired by some Taylor Swift thing (totally over my Taylor Swift days now, though. I’m not a girl… I don’t think).

Because of the stupidity, I stop singing the song and begin to laugh uncontrollably. It had been a while since I had had this much fun.

I’m not saying that being around Louis every single day was making my life boring, but when he’s around, I can’t sing like this. I really missed being able to do this. It was what made my mother never being home worthwhile. Nowadays though, it’s Louis that makes it worthwhile, even though I hate to admit that. I’m not supposed to be attached to anyone yet, here I am with an important boy in my life, and a new group of friends at school.

That wasn’t supposed to happen.

I shrug the bad thoughts away. Things were really looking good here so far. So, instead of suddenly becoming the scared boy who would cry at the thought of packing up again, I ran to the kitchen as I sang some more of the awful tune as loud as I could. I had almost completely forgotten every worry that crossed my mind and Louis' jerky-ness from earlier. Almost.

So what if Louis was jealous. That doesn't mean he has a right to be a jerk to me. It's not like I was doing it to make him mad. I was doing it for us and he just didn't understand that. Thinking this made me even angrier, so I stopped my singing and screamed at the top of my lungs instead, which made me laugh harder than I ever have before.

"Are you okay?" Louis asks from behind me. I whirl around clutching my heart. Where did he come from?

"H-how..."