Chapter Twenty-Six - The Abrupt Ending of Louis and Harry

Mom throws the last of the bags into the car noisily. The moving truck had long left an hour ago taking all of our possessions with it to the new destination.

This time, we were moving because of me.

Mr. Wright reported Louis and immediately had him fired. He had won. I hadn't seen Louis since - I didn't know if he had been arrested or if he was in his house with the blinds shut tight. I knew I shouldn't even attempt to talk to him.

Who would have ever thought that Louis and I would never see each other again?

My mom sighs as she closes the trunk of the car. I knew she actually liked the place and didn't want to go almost as much as I didn't. The two of us agreed that it was however for the best for us to move one last time.

I'd never get to tell Louis goodbye.

"I'm going to go lock the door," my mom announced suddenly, breaking the silence. She hadn't talked to me much since she found me at Louis, save for telling me that we would be moving yet again.

I groan and rub my hands into my hair, hating how this turned out.

I would never get to see Louis again, or hold Louis again, or kiss Louis again, or talk to Louis again.

Louis was as good as gone.

My mom comes back to the car without saying another word (she reeks of disappointment) and opens her door, climbing inside. I take one last chance to look around the place. The dirty stone steps. The empty bedroom windows. The overgrown grass in the yard. The for sale sign by the mailbox. They were all signs that we were moving.

I look at Louis' house, imagining the first time I saw him when I had first made it into the neighbourhood. Now, his windows are all dark as if not a light is in the house. His car hasn't left the driveway once. If he actually was there, he made it seem like he wasn't. I hoped like hell he wouldn't be in trouble. My mom agreed not to press charges just to keep my name out of the press. Maybe that was enough.

Getting in the car and shutting the door behind me, I squeeze my eyes shut and hold back all of the tears that threaten to fall.

"Maybe this next place will be the one," my mom mumbles, backing out of the driveway for the very last time. I only answer with a sigh, wishing nothing more for her to call the movers back and say never mind and let me run into Louis' arms. Hell, I'd give anything just to stay for one more minute.

It's too bad my mom puts the car in forward drive and begins to leave the neighbourhood.

I look towards Louis' house one more time, just in time too. In the doorway, he stands there with miserable scruff all over his face watching us leave for good. I hate to say it, but I watch as he sinks down to his knees and his shoulders begin to shake.

The tears came back into my eyes quickly, falling all over the place. Louis and I were crying together and he didn't even know it. He didn't even know I saw him this one last time.

My mom stops at the end of the street, giving me one final glance at Louis who seems to have fallen further apart. I prayed that he'd pull himself up and go inside.

But instead, my mom turns the corner and Louis disappears from my view. Gone.

Everything that had ever taught me love was gone.

Forever.

I turn back around in my seat, facing the road and sniffling.

My mom looks over to me, no sympathy on her face. She was cold now, a shell of the mother I used to have. She was ashamed of me. Ashamed of my lies and deceiving.

"It's for the best, Harry," she says quietly, giving me an awkward tap on my knee.

But I knew it wasn't for the best.

I close my eyes and attempt to sleep, but the only thing that ever washes over me is the image of Louis on his porch, sobbing and broken. An image that will haunt me forever and ever.

Louis.

***

A/N: That's it. That's everything. I actually almost cried writing this and I am a fucking cold-hearted, emotionless bitch. I get it's sad and not what most people wanted to happen, but this is what I've planned from the beginning (even though I regret writing it) because I'm a sucker for a good tragedy.

Thanks to everyone from the bottom of my heart who has read this and stuck with all of my crap. My writing in this story was absolutely terrible, but I did discover that with a little improvement and motivation I could write to my best attempts and entertain you guys with a crap story.

When I first posted New Guy on the Street, I had sixteen followers and was working on a different Larry story that I have since deleted as well as a Ziall one that had the same fate. This is the only story I've ever completed. Even though it's not my best writing, this book is an accomplishment to me. I'm proud to say it happened.

To the readers, thank you for every read.

To the voters, thank you for every vote.

To the commenters, thank you for every comment. I crack up at most of your responses, blush at a majority of them, and cry at some as well. You guys keep me going.

Before I finish this very last NGOTS author note, I though I'd remind everyone that there is a new MUCH BETTER version of this story on my profile with a new plot and better writing. The whole story will be the same, but much will be different. I think it'll be worth reading. I'm updating it frequently, once a week. There's already two chapters uploaded so if you haven't checked it out, I definitely recommend you hop to it right now.

One last time:

Peace and Hair Grease,

Charlotte Rhea-Anne <3