scars are forever chapter 5

I walked into biology only to find John sitting at my table. What the crap? There's no way that I'm talking to him. I already promised myself that I won't talk to popular people. However, I do like Beatrice. She isn't like them. To me, she seems more cool and calm than perky.

Walking to my seat across from John, I noticed some unwanted stares. I took my seat and didn't want to look up, even though I desperately wanted to. Is he looking at me? No. I'm not looking. I don't want to risk talking to him. I just focused on the work sheet we were supposed to do with partners. Not being able to find anyone, I did it by myself. It wasn't even that hard.

Before I knew it, the bell rang. As soon as I heard it I looked up from the table, staring straight into John's icy blue eyes. Well, this is awkward. Stupid bell.

"I was wondering when you were going to look at me. I was starting to think you didn't like me! You know, like friend-wise." He said, smiling.

I wasn't about to say anything, but I felt like I just couldn't manage to say what I was thinking. "Oh... it's okay. I...like you too."

Brain, why do you make me sound like I want him? Now he thinks I like him. I noticed my cheeks were getting warm, and I felt myself bolt from the room. As I ran out, I heard him chuckle. It sounded so cute. Ahh I need to stop this madness!

It only seemed like a few seconds before I got to my locker. I grabbed some stuff for my next class, which was sex education. Before I knew it, I was sitting next to Beatrice.

"Hey Marnie. Did we have homework?" She looked at me, waiting for my answer while I was taking out my drawing book.

"Oh... you're really asking me this-" She looked down then took out a pencil. While she was doing so, I noticed a bruise on her hand, like she had punched a wall or something. "Can I ask you something?"

"Go for it."

"I know this is probably personal... but where did you get that bruise on your hand?" She rubbed her hand like it hurt or something.

She hesitated. "Oh...I-" Her eyes darted around as if she was scared someone might hear her. "I was doing a handstand and I flipped. I was planing on grabbing a pole, but I ended up hitting it." She looked at me, then her hand, then at the floor. I could tell that she was lieing.

I don't mind. I wouldn't want to tell anybody my personal stuff. When class was over, I headed to my locker, only to find someone leaning against it, who I couldn't make quite make out. He had a dark blue hoodie on and some jeans. When I got close enough, I noticed it was Chris.

"Hey Chris. Is there a reason why I can't open my locker, or are you just gonna stand there and wait for me to move you?"

He lifted his head, revealing a new black eye. Who could have done this? He was such a nice person! Who could ever want to hurt him? "Are you okay? Who did this? Why did they do this? Does it hurt? omg I-"

He broke me off. "Marn, calm down. It doesn't hurt. And I broke up with that girl I was with. She got really mad, so she got her brother to beat me up." He seriously looked hurt. I swear, if I see her or her brother again, I will personally kick their butts. After a while of me just looking into his eyes, he said "I'll see you later, okay? I'm fine, so don't fret, and don't go crazy either." Then he was gone.

It was lunch time, and there was no sign of Chris. Where could he have gone? That's really weird how he just...disappered. Anyways I was looking for my friends, and again they were no where to be found. Okay. I guess I'll just eat alone outside. I got my food and headed outside, sitting down in the shade. I didn't really want to get a sun burn, becuase of the nasty blisters I get on my skin.

* * *

beatrice's p.o.v

"Okay sis, but next time just say 'peewee' okay? That is totally nast." She made that ugly face gain, the one that looked like she smelled dog poop.

Serioulsy, periods aren't that bad. Why were they so grossed out by it? They have it too! I saw Marnie sitting all alone outside, but I was stuck with the cheer girls. I had to think of a way to escape. I just told them that I had my period and I was going to the bathroom.

I stepped outside to find her, and yup, there she was, sitting there eating spaghetti. I walked over, taking a spot directly in front of her.

"Hi... this morning you asked me if we were friends. I just wanted to say that... yes we can be friends. But we can't be seen together, the others expect us to-"

I stopped, noticing that she wasn't even looking at me. Am I that hideous? Or did she even know I was there? Looking closer, I noticed she had blue headphones shoved in her ears. No wonder she didn't hear me. Cautiously, I tapped her shoulder and she litterally jumped fifty feet, scaring the crap out of me.

Once she saw me, her eyes widened like she was supprised to see me. That quickly went away and was replaced by an experessionless face, again.

"Hey, I just wanted to say that... yes... we're friends, only if it's okay with you, though." I looked at her, clearly seeing that she had food in her mouth. She glanced down at it, then back at me.

She weakly said "Okay" before quickly getting up, leaving me alone on the bench. What did I do?

* * *

marnie's p.o.v

What the crap was she doing talking to me? Doesn't she know that she can get haters and lose her popularity? But on the other hand, it didn't even look like she cared about it.

I went off to Spanish class, only to find that there was a substatute. Great. I spent the whole class drawing, which wasn't bad. Drawing usually calms my nerves.

Choir just went by so fast, I couldn't even enjoy singing. This day went pretty fast. Strange, as they usually go by super slow, especially my days. Everybody else says their days fly by all the time. Not for me. This wasn't normal. Maybe because it's high school?

I drove home, and I didnt see Chris walking. I had this weird feeling though. I drove to Julia's house just to vist. I didn't think Chris was home, and I didn't feel like going home, either. I guess I'll just visit my BFF!

When I got to Julia's house, there was only one light on and, I could tell that it was the one in her bedroom. I sneakily climed up the vine covered trellis like always, getting the roof. Looking through her window, I didn't see her. She was probably in the bathroom. I stepped through her window and got in her room which smelled like cigerrettes. Her whole house did. That's life when you're surrounded by smokers.

I was scared shitless when she came out of her closet with damp hair. Obviously, she had just taken a shower. When she saw me, she screamed so loud i thought my ears would bleed.

She was gripping her chest like she couldnt breathe. I almost said something before, beore I heard a noise in the bathroom. Suddenly, it stopped. I guess it was my imagination. I looked out the window to see the darkness outside. What? When I got here it wasn't this dark!

Julia sat on her bed, still trying to calm herself. She gazed at me. "You need to go... now."

I just gave her a WTF look, until a guy's voice came from the bathroom. I know that voice from somewhere... it hit me like a ton of bricks, my face turned bright red from all the anger. I don't know why I reacted this way, but I couldn't control myself. I went in the bathroom to find Chris in his red and black checkered boxers.

He turned around with his eyes closed, due to the fact that he was drying his head with a towel. "Hey babe. Couldn't wait for me out there, or did you want more?" I could see the smirk on his lips before he opened his eyes and met my eyes. His smile disappered.