Chapter 16

Hey everyone! just wanted to let you know that I have a New Werewolf book that I'm going to be starting on soon called The Road. I uploaded a brief description so if you haven't checked it out yet go to my page and tell me what you think. I'm really excited about it :) I also have another Werewolf story out right now called The Last of the Alpine Pack its a little more for young adults and teens but you might enjoy it, give it a try! :D

***

Remember I'm moving and won't be able to update until we get settled in the new house. A HUGE thank you goes out to Hannah_t who has offered to edit chapters 1-4 for me :) If you haven't checked her books out yet I suggest you do. She's one of my Top favorite writers on Wattpad and her book The Wayward Mate is my absolute fav!

I'll be back soon please be patient for updates. Thanks again for reading my book it really means a lot :D

Chapter Sixteen

Persais' POV

"Aye, can I help ye with anything?" she asked making her voice low and softer than usual.

"Aye," he said with a smile. "I think ye can."

Persais' heart stopped only to pick back up at an alarming rate, pounding in her ears and spending a cold chill down her spine.

"Aye? and what might that be," she asked with a forced smile.

The burly man gave her a lopsided grin revealing surprisingly perfect white teeth. He scratched his beard as he examined her silently. She'd wager his jaw hadn't seen the side of a blade or razor in a week.

Persais kept her head high, her back ramrod straight, the look he was giving her made her want to run for the hills; which was entirely what she planned to do as soon as she got out of this nightmare.

"Why dinna ye come plant that backside right here lass," he said tapping his lap. "I could use me some company"

Persais gave a shy smile, how was she going to get herself out of this one without waking the other men? Walking forward she let the man grab her and place her on his lap. She had to admit in the fire light he really was a good looking man with his striking clover green eyes. He couldn't have been more than five and twenty. A thin scar lined the underside of one cheek, and his sharp, slitted gaze was hard enough to cut rock.

Saints preserve her! this man wasn't in the least bit as drunk as she had first suspected.

Their eyes meet, and Persais realized that she was not alone in her study. He was watching her with equal intensity. She recognized the spark in his eyes. When his gaze lowered to her mouth, Persais felt her eyes widen.

Instinctively, she leaned away.

He noticed her reaction, and his gaze hardened.

"What's yer name lass?" he asked in a deep voice.

Her stomach muscles clenched, the scrutiny in his gaze was wearing away at her confidante resolve. Had he reconized her? Why wasn't he calling out to the others or restraining her? Persais lowered her gaze and took a chance, readying herself for a fight. "Elispeth," she answered.

He nooded at her answer, seeming to accept it and turned his gaze back to the others.

He began talking and laughing with the other men while he idly rubbed her thigh. A sense of foreboding was slowly making its way into the pit of her stomach. Persais tried to appear calm and relaxed listening to the men's banter when in reality she was visualizing every which way she could hack off the giant hand groping her side.

Persais giggled playfully and swatted his hand away when he attempted to reach beneath her skirts. The man grunted and gripped her hips tightly, leaning forward to bite at her earlobe.

Persais shivered with unease and the man took it as a sign to proceed, licking and nipping at the base of her neck. To keep up her charade, she leaned her head back to release a low moan. If all else failed she could lure him away from the others and dispose of him.

"What are ye doing up this late anyhow lassie?" he asked running his hand through her hair.

"I still have a bit of cleaning to do in the kitchens before I retire."

Persais prayed he baught her lie. The man chuckled and reached around to fondle her breasts. "I need to return to my duties now," she stated trying her best to hide the distaste in her voice. He gripped her thigh again and lowered his gaze at her. Persais giggled again and cupped his face.

"Let me finish my work and after....", she said giving him a suggestive look. He smiled and grabbed her chin.

"Make it quick lass."

Pulling her closer, he captured her surprised lips with his own. Persais faught down the bile threatening to rise as she attempted to enjoy his kiss. He let out a growl of satisfaction and Persais pulled away promising, "after," before getting up and continuing on her way. She could feel his gaze burning a hole in her back the whole way to the kitchens.

Once inside she sagged against the wall in relief. She had to get the hell out of here.

Hurrying through the kitchens, she made her way to the door she presumed lead to the herb garden and went through. Once outside she observed her surroundings. Persais could barely see in the dark, there was no moon out to cast its light glow upon the land. Persais shivered as dread sank in. She had no idea how to get out of here; no clue of the keeps layout. All she could remember was the sight from her tower window into the bailey, but the gates of the keep would be heavily guarded throughout the night. There was no way she could blindly stumble through the grounds without getting herself caught.

Persais was left with one option.

Dawn was only a few hours away, making her way into the front of the bailey, Persais hid behind a cart of straw. She was going to have to watch and wait. As soon as the sun began to rise the gates would be opened. Persais knew without a doubt that her escape would be know by then, she was going to be hard pressed to make it out of those gates, but no damned MacLeod was going to stand in her way and live to tell about it.

Vote, Comment, Fan and check out my other works!