Chapter 8

**** ok guys I need some encouragement!! Vote/comment and let me know If you like it! If you don’t like it let me know this is my first book so I need feedback! Thank you so much to the ones following this story thank you so very much for being patient with me! Lots of love going your way!!! <3333

Chapter Eight

This is not good. This is not good!

Persais stared at the barred door in front of her. This did not go how she had planned. Her father and brother were right. She had let them down again. By now someone had found her letter and everyone was going to think she was running away to Ireland when in reality she was locked in the east tower of the enemy’s keep! No one would know to look for her here. She was doomed.

They knew who she was, she didn’t know if they realized she was the daughter of Parlan MacGuin but they defiantly now knew she was involved with the incident yesterday. Persais fought back tears, she would not cry; not again.

Slowly she made her way to the only window and looked below. Seeing the clans’ people going about their day, children playing; while she was locked away about to lose her mind.

Her thoughts drifted to Tormand. Yes he was a MacLeod but he’d said he wouldn’t hurt her. Could she trust him? What did he plan to do with her? Why had he brought her here to begin with?

Hearing a disturbance by the door she turned to find him staring at her. Standing in the doorway looking proud and intimating was none other than the man of her dreams Tormand MacLeod. Why did he have to be a MacLeod? Any other clan and everything would have been fine.

“You’ve caused quite a fuss lass.”

Quite a fuss? Ha! If he only knew.

“what are you going to do with me?” she asked as she made her way to sit on the bed.

“That depends on you.”

“what do you mean? am I to be hanged?”

Tormand paled slightly.

She knew a hanging was a possibility since she had killed members of his clan. That or torture for information on her family. She deserved it; leaving the safety of the keep without any men or anyone knowing where she was.

“Nay you will not be hanged. But ye will answer my questions now lass, t’will make things easier on you.”

Tormand felt like he was being reasonable. He didn’t want to hang the lass. Looking at her slender frame and big green eyes full of fear he wanted only to comfort her but she had attacked and killed his men. This was the woman who led the attack that killed members of his clan. He couldn’t let that go, he was chief. His people depended on him.

Tor noticed her visibly relax after his statement. She looked so lost. Why had she been in the woods; crying?

“Ask your questions. I’m afraid as I’ve said I wont be much use to you.”

She always had to be so cryptic with her answers.

“Why were you in the woods? Are you a MacGuin?”

“As I’ve said I was but passing through, I spent some time at the MacGuin keep but when you fou- captured me I was leaving.”

Tormand almost smiled at her answer. Of course she had to throw that in there.

Seeing the sudden look of pain in her eyes he made his way toward her. She backed away with her hands in front of her.

“what are ye doing?” she breathed. She had backed herself all the way to the wall.

Tormand said softly, “ lass… did someone hurt you?” he stepped closer, “ye can tell me.”

“Nay I’m fine please back away!”

Nodding he backed away a few steps not wanting to scare her, but it wasn’t fear he saw in her eyes.

“Heather your going to have to stay here, I don’t plan on hurting you lass, but if what my brother says is true…. Your going to have to be punished.” using what he believed to be his most reasoning tone he said, “Now answer this one question..” Tormand waited for her to acknowledge his request, when she nodded he continued.

“are you Persais MacGuin?”

Oh bloody hell….

***** OK I know this chapter was really short but it is almost 5 in the morning here and ive got to be up with a 2 yr old in a few hours. I will update ASAP plz vote/comment and let me know your thoughts! Thank you all for reading it really means so much to me since this story has been running through my mind for years although I did change quite a bit from my original I didn’t want my first book to be too gory…

Also im thinking of working on a werewolf book next so when it comes out make sure to please read it and let me know if you like it!