Chapter 10

***** Alright guys finally got my internet working right, no thanks to this ice storm, but here it is!!! As I promised things are about to heat up!!! Thank you so much for reading and don’t forget to give the vote button some love for me! Everyone who is reading this story thank you, I cant say it enough, means so much to me. Vote/Comment! Let me know what you think.

NOTE: ( a small part of this chapter is from another book. It is one of my favorite moments from one of Monica McCarty’s books. Just wanted to let you know in case you recognize it.) Again thanks so much for reading!! Enjoy! <3333

Chapter Ten

Persais saw red…

William was dead… and it was all her fault

Lunging, turning her hands into claws she attacked. In her blind range Tormand easily evaded her, grabbing her hands and holding them in one hand; he turned her around and slammed her against his chest.

She was screaming uncontrollably; the pain in her heart was unbearable. Her brother, her best friend.. Gone.

Persais head butted Tor causing him to loosen his hold enough for her to get free. Searching around for a weapon he grabbed her again.

“Let me go!!” she screamed thrashing in his hold. “ You killed him! You killed him!”

“Calm down lass” Tormand murmured tightening his hold. Tormand began to stroke her face, murmuring soft words in her ear anything he could do to calm her down. Persais stopped fighting, seeming to go limp in his hold. Tor did exactly as she expected and let her go to turn her around. Persais attempted to kick him as hard as she could but he move just in time for her foot to smash into the wall.

“OWWW!!” she screamed as she crashed onto the floor.

Tormand walked towards her hunched figure slowly.

“Persais its alright lass….. Its alright. Calm down please. I-… I’m sorry”

Her head snapped up at his words. He was sorry?

Tormand slowly knelt down in front of her, she was too confused to attack so she allowed him to come closer.

He had a guarded expression on his face and seemed to be at a loss for words. The pain in her ankle kept distracting her, she was sure she’d broken it.

Tenderly Tormand placed his hand on her shoulder. Shock was stetting in… numbness of what had happened was taking every ounce of strength she had left. Tears were rolling down her face uncontrollably.

Tormand didn’t know what possessed him to lead her to think her brother was dead. He wasn’t a cruel man but this woman unnerved him! Made him feel and act like he never had before. Seeing her huddled on the floor crying nearly broke his resolve. He was sorry damn it, he didn’t know why he had done it. Now she was hurt.

Tor knelt beside her. Very cautiously not to upset her again he placed his hand on her shaking shoulder. Uncontrollable sobs were wracking through her body.

“Please don’t cry sweeting, let me explain” he said softly as he rubbed slow circles on her back.

Her sobs were slowing and she looked up at him with her brows furrowed, “ Explain? I dinna want details you monster” she hissed.