four

Sorry for no updates. Reread THROAM and I never realized until now that it has the same affect on me as Northern Downpour (,:

---

Hiding from my parents was harder than I originally thought. I figured I'd just stay in my room until my lip healed and maybe I could change the ring to something smaller; less visible. But when my dad called me to the living room, I knew I was about to face my death. I kept my hand in front of my mouth the entire time he was talking, telling me not to pull another stunt like this, not coming home and ignoring phone calls. He'll have none of that. He didn't suspect anything until he expected me to answer him and I tried talking with my hand in front of my mouth.

Dad grabbed my hand and moved it away from my face, his eyes landing on my freshly pierced lip.

"What is that?" He asks me, like he's got no idea what it is.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I lie.

"In your lip Ryan." His eyes don't move away from my lip and I feel my face heating up. "When did you decide to fuck up your face?"

I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"I didn't fuck up my face." I retort. "A friend did it, and I like it."

"You can take it out." He demands, but I shake my head, surprised in myself for disobeying my father. "Are you telling me no?"

"Dad I'm seventeen. I'm not taking it out." I get up from the couch and head to the stairs, running up them quickly and going to my room. I can hear my dad behind me.

He opens the door just as I try closing it. I stare at him and he's glaring at me.

"This is my house. I bought this house with my money. If you're living in my house, you're going to do as I say. Now take it out and stop with this rebellion bullshit before it goes too far." 

I roll my eyes and walk away from him. 

"I don't understand what the big deal is." I say, mostly to myself.

"Out." The door slams and my dad is gone.

I sigh to myself and lie down on my bed, taking my phone from my pocket.

He picks up on the third ring and I find myself smiling at his voice.

"Hey." He answers.

"My dad's pissed." I sigh and turn my head to look out the window.

"I figured." Brendon chuckles and I smile again, my bottom lip tingling from the lip ring. "Can you get out of the house?"

I furrow my eyebrows and sit up.

"I literally just left your house like an hour ago." I tell him, and he groans in frustration. "Plus, my parents are never gonna let me leave the house, especially not after I've been gone all weekend and come home with a pierced lip."

"You look hot with that lip ring, I don't see the issue."

I swipe my tongue over the metal and smile, slightly shaking my head.

"They're old fashioned." I shrug a shoulder and get off my bed, holding my phone between my ear and shoulder as I slip my shoes. "Are you home or should I meet you somewhere?"

-

Somehow Brendon looks even better than he did the entire weekend I spent with him, but I'm not complaining. He said he was gonna take a shower after I left his house and it looks like he didn't bother to do his hair afterward. He didn't forget to put on his eyeliner though.