Chapter twenty six- What's wrong with me?

It was the day or night whatever you want to call it, of the meeting, my wrist was sort of better, I didnt tell Sam or Paul that Elliot was the reason my wrist was like that. It would only cause more problems, so I just told them it was my fault, I doubt they fully believe it.

I tossed a log into the fire, trying to ignore the strange looks Quil and Embry kept giving me. I have always loved the way the fire looked when we had these meetings, sometimes, we use driftwood and it makes the fire look blue, its quite awesome.

"Audrey?" Embry spoke, breaking the silence, I turned to face him with another log in my hands "Are you okay?" He questioned, concern was clear in his voice "You are wearing a jacket.." He added seeming confused by the fact that I was wearing one.

I glanced slightly at my gray jacket, then back at Embry "Yeah, I'm fine." I lied causally, I woke up at like three am unable to sleep and I felt really weird, now I just feel like crap, and I dont know why and how come it all of a sudden started when I felt fine yesterday.

Embry looked at me skeptically "Are you sure?" He questioned, this made Quil stare at us, neither of them seemed to believe me. I know its stupid to lie to them and that I probably should tell them so we can figure out why I feel this way, but I don't care, I will be better soon.

I tossed the log into the fire, watching it roll down to the bottom of the pile " All because I am wearing a jacket, you all have to assume something is wrong with me, I see how it is" I mumbled, still staring at the fire, not bothering to look at them anymore.

"Audrey, you are wearing a jacket, and we are 108 degrees on a normal day, you never wear one a jacket, even before you phased you never did." Quil pointed out, it was true, I hated wearing jackets, because I like the cold, but for some reason tonight is different.

It was about time for the meeting, everyone was there, a lot of people were staring at Leah and Oliver. Sam's face was priceless when he saw them walk in together, she didnt tell anyone about her imprinting, even Seth was surprised.

I looked over at Seth and Gaby, whom were sitting by the fire, Seth had his arm around Gaby and Gaby had her head on his shoulder. I love seeing them together, they are such a cute couple and its obvious they are in love with each other.

Jared and Kim were holding hands and sitting on a long log, talking quietly to each other. Then there was one couple that I was not to pleased to see, Jake was sitting with Bella, staring at her every so often, but from what I can see, none of them spoke.

I relaxed more when I felt Paul wrap his arms around me, but then I felt him frown against my neck "You're cold." He stated, by the tone of his voice you could tell he was confused "Way cold..." He added sounding even more confused.

I turned to face him, when I did, he looked into my eyes, waiting for an answer "I don't know why, maybe I caught something while we were gone" I whispered honestly, I dont know for sure, it could be just something wrong with me, like always.

Paul brushed the hair out of my face and left his hand on my face, which felt nice and warm to me right now "Rey, how long have you felt like this?" He asked in a soft voice, his eyes never left mine, his were still confused as of to what was wrong.

"Since three am, haven’t slept since then." I sighed,sure I was a little tired, but I was more cold then anything else. It probably showed, but I dont care at this point, the sooner this day is over, the better. In fact while this day is at it, can it make me not a wolf? That would be perfect.

Paul frowned "Why didnt you call and tell me? I would have come over." He said, though his voice was soft and caring, if you truly knew him, you would be able to tell that he was upset. He wont let people see him upset though, he just wont.

"I wasn't about to wake you up at three in the morning just to tell you I didnt feel well" I mumbled, I much rather stay awake then wake him up, he needs his sleep "Lets go sit down, the meeting is going to start soon" I said, still not taking my eyes away from him.

Paul stared silently at me for a moment before taking my hand and pulled me over to one of the logs, and when we sat down Paul pulled me as close as he could to him, and I doubt he would be letting go anytime soon now that he knew that I was feeling sick.

I glanced over at Oliver, whom winked at me and grinned, Leah was by his side, they both didn't seem know how they should sit together. It only brought a smile to my face, know how they both are like lost puppies who are going end up falling in love.

As Billy began to talk, I rested my head on Paul's shoulder, barely listening to Billy since I know most of this stuff already, and the story I know almost by heart. Bella looked like she was enjoying it though, Seth did as well, but Gaby looked to be more interested in Seth then the story.

I felt Paul frown against my head as he went to kiss it, his lips felt warmer, I am not used to him feeling warm, I gotten so used to being the same temperature as him and it feels weird. I hope I don't stay this cold for to long, I don't know how much longer I can take it.

Jared looked as bored about the story as I did, if we weren’t at the meeting, I would throw something at him to get his attention and just to annoy him. But Sam would kill me if I did that, and Billy wouldn't appreciate it either, but he would probably take it a little better than Sam.

This meeting was going to take a while, we had a lot of stuff to talk about, including the redhead leech, that Bella said name was Victoria or something like that and what we need to do about her, we will still do what we did before which is fight her off as much as we can.

To be honest, I was tired of fighting this leech off, if she would stay still for a couple of damn seconds then we could kill her, but no. She has to bounce between territories, the Cullen’s have had no luck with her either, she would just go somewhere else before they could get her.

I glanced at Jake and Bella, and sighed, why couldn’t Jake fallen for someone that wasn't going to just break his heart? Well, that wouldn't break it again, she has a boyfriend she doesn't need to be playing around with Jake's heart like it is nothing.

But yet, Jake is to blinded by love to figure that out, and even if we tell him he will just say she is in love with him and just doesn't know it yet. And if that is true, they both are just going to end up hurt in the end, because when Jake imprints on someone he will leave Bella and it will break her. Its best for them both if Jake gets over her.