Chapter nine- Joining the pack

A/N: So, I guess you can say I tried something different then I usually do when people phase for this chapter. Also, I am entering this story in the Watty Awards 2012 when I can:)

I crossed my arms, my hand was still kind of sore but nothing to bad "Sweet heart, you and Jared are going to need to move in with your father." Mom said as gently as possible, I stared at her and narrowed my eyes, she cant be serious.

"Why? Why do we need to move in with him?" I questioned with my arms still crossed, we haven’t heard or seen our dad since we were ten. And now she is expecting us to move in with him? That’s just crap, Its not going to happen.

"Two reasons sweetie, one we don’t have a home right now. Two, even the cops said the fire was no accident. But they have no idea who started it" Mom explained, I sighed slightly. I have no idea who would of wanted to start it anyway.

"I am not leaving La Push" I began crossing my arms tighter just as I began to shake "I am not leaving Paul, so if you think I am going to leave. You better go grab your armor, cause I am not leaving without a fight" I finished, shaking some more.

"Sweetie, I know you care about him a lot. And I know you been best friends with him your whole life, nut this is the best thing for you. It will be good for you to see your father again" She said still calm, even when I was shaking as bad as I was.

"You don’t understand mom" I snapped, making sure I was a safe ways away from her " I don’t just see Paul as a best friend anymore, I want more." I explain and my heart missed a beat "And where would you go?" I asked slightly angry.

Mom sighed and gave me a pitiful look "Baby girl, I knew it was going to happen one day. That you would start to fall for him, he has been with you through a lot" She said, and took a deep breath "And I already have that planned out, where I am going" She admitted.

I stared at her for a moment, my eyes widened in surprise "You are seeming someone aren’t you?" I asked, my voice was even angrier and my body was shaking more. When she didn't say anything, I took it as a yes "Was this some kind of sick way to get rid of me and Jared so you can go live with him?"I spat, shaking even harder.

Her face went pale "No! I would never endanger you and Jared like that! What are you even thinking?" She asked, I curled my hands into fists. But that didnt even help to calm me down, In fact it made it a little worse, I cant hurt her.

I shook my head at her "And you think I can believe you? And were the trips you went on since we were seven really for business? Or were you stepping out on our dad? Know what, forget it!" I shouted, I shook my head one more time and walked away.

I walked into the forest, still shaking. I hate this, how long has she been seeing this person? How long as she been hiding this from us? And why must I found out now, after I lost so much of my stuff, expect for three pictures, I lost so much stuff that cant be replaced.

As I walked, I suddenly felt sore and really warm. My body kept shaking, What was going on? I suddenly felt like I exploded, And the little pain my in hand was gone, everything stopped hurting 'Look who decided to join us' A voice that sounded like Jared's said in my head.

I looked around quickly, But saw no one. What the hell is going on? Am I going crazy? I flipping hear voices "Audrey, you phased. We can hear each others thoughts and talk to each other that way when we are in our wolf form, where are you?" Another voice said, this one sounded like Sam...

Talk through thoughts? That’s crazy, but if he is serious... I have to try ' But I don’t want this, I am pretty much losing everything. I lost whatever chance I had of having a normal life, I lost my home. And my mom wants me and Jared to move in with our father while she moves in with her bloody boyfriend' I guess I thought

'Mom has a boyfriend? When in the world did that happen? How long have you known and why didnt you until me before now?' Jared asked, my head was now killing me. How do I change back? I do not want to deal with this right now.

'Rey, you are not leaving. You are staying here, I am not letting you leave.' Paul said, when he used the nickname Rey. It sent a small surge of happiness through me, even his voice did. What the hell else is going on with me? This is not normal.

"I cant handle this' I said and began running through the forest " I just cant, I don’t want this' I repeated and kept running, It felt different running like this. Its actually kind of cool, and fun. I hate to admit it though, but its the only perk I see so far.

I kept running until I felt something hit my side, and it made me stumble sideways "Sorry ,Audrey" Sam apologized, I stopped running at looked at what hit me. It was a giant black wolf, I stared at it for a moment. I took one step back, Alpha.

I don’t know how, but I could tell it was Sam. I for some reason could tell that he was the Alpha, maybe it was when he was speaking and or thinking. It sounded deep and orderly, like he meant business. Even when he was apologizing you could tell.

And then came a brown wolf, It looked at me and tilted its head slightly. Then It began to run around me, Then stopped in front of me 'Umm, what was that about?' I asked staring at the brown wolf, though if I am guessing right, Its Jared.

"I don’t know, For fun?" Jared replied, I almost could see him shrugging his shoulders. If he was human, he probably would shrug his shoulders. I don’t get why he was doing that, And he is my twin brother for Pete’s sake, I don't think I will ever truly get him.

A thought occurred to me, If Jared and I could practically read each others minds before, Its going be even more weird to be wolves at the same time so we can actually read each others minds. I felt something brush against me, I looked over to see what it was.

It was a dark silver wolf, Something surged through me, It was a mixture of happiness and love. And that’s when it hit me who it was, not because there is only one other person I knew it could be. Because now I was willing to do anything for that person, It was Paul..

Paul put his head on top of mine, I almost could see him smirking at me. I knew he knew what happened there was no point of telling him " Paul, I didnt know you imprinted on Audrey.' Sam commented as he looked at us, which normally would make me blush.

One thing I hate about right now, Is not only that I am a wolf. But because now that I am with Paul, everything seems so perfect. Like nothing else in the world matters, but I know everything is not perfect. And I know things are just going to get harder from now on.