Chapter 10

Sorry I haven't posted for a while! (Unedited)

I hope you enjoy this.

Chapter Ten ~Skylar POV~ :

I couldn't help but let my mind wander back to Annie. I knew I should've waited longer to tell her the truth, but I couldn't help it. It's in my nature to want to be with my mate, to protect her, and to take care of her. Just thinking about whoever hurts her makes me want to kill them and make them pay for hurting what's mine.

It's been 3 days since I told her about myself, about me being a wolf. She hasn't come near me within those days. I know that it will take her time to comprehend the idea of I being a werewolf but still being apart from her for that long has my wolf growling. He wants her to know that she's his and there will be nothing to fear if she's by our side. He forgets that she's an ordinary human and she doesn't know anything about our world.

"What's wrong?"

I stared up to see Ace standing right in front of my seat in class.

"I told her the truth."

His eyes became wide, "As in the whole being a wolf thing." He said in a low voice.

I nodded.

"Is that why you're all gloomy these past days? Did she reject you?"

I growled at the thought, "No."

"Then why are you sitting your ass here? Get up and go look for her. She's your mate. Even, if she's a human, she still feels the mate bond. I'm sure by now she's wondering why you haven't gone looking for her."

Without another word, I went to look for her. I followed the scent of coconut and vanilla. I felt my heart pounding with every step I took. Will she run? What if she doesn't want to see me?

I stood in front of the library where her scent was coming from. I took one step in and found myself staring right into my mates eyes. Her eyes went wide I could see shock, fear, and most of all confusion. I took a step back afraid of her rejection and averted my eyes from hers.

"Skylar," she called my name barely a whisper.

We were standing there for a few moments before the bell rung breaking the silence. I saw that she looked hesitant but she grabbed my hand sending warmth throughout my body, "We need to talk."

~~~

We were standing outside the school bleachers. She looked as if she was debating with herself. I could see from her eyes that she barely slept a wink these couple of days. Her long, beautiful hair covered under her hoodie. I can barely tell if she's eating well because of the baggy clothes she always has on. Her lip is healing nicely, but it still makes my wolf and I growl with anger at the thought of someone hurting our precious mate.

"Skylar," the way she says my name makes my heart swoon with joy. I look back into her eyes and I could see her resolve, her desire.

"My heart and soul calls for you, but my mind tells me how irrational this is. It scares me to have these feelings and most of all. You scare me."

I felt like my heart could be ripped in two. My wolf whimpered at the thought of our mate being scared of us.

"Don't go thinking ahead," she said, "Even though you scare me, I know that deep down you will never hurt me. You've shown me your kindness and gentleness. But my mind keeps replaying on how terrifying people can be."

She hesitated on the next words she said, "Let's just be friends. We can't be anything more than that."

My heart felt heavy but if it meant being next to her and spending time with her I didn't mind. I know without a doubt that she will fall in love with me as deeply as I am in love with her.

~ Vote & Comment ~

I hope you like this chapter and I'm sorry for how short this was. I apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes that I've made. I hope you still enjoyed this chapter.

I hope you all enjoyed Skylars point of view. What did you think of him? He's very in love with Annie! Hopefully she feels the same way!