Chapter 19

Recap :

"Christine!" I heard Chace hiss from behind me. I ignored him and yelled,

"Zoey?" It was then that I realized that I wasn't thinking rationally and that I had just made a big mistake.

Chace pulled me behind a counter, looked at me with angry filling his eyes. He was about to say something when we heard large heavy creaks ascending from the stairs.

--------------------------

The footstep walked over to the counter then stopped. You could slice the tension with a knife. It was like a game of cat and mouse and right now, we were the mice and I didn't like that at all. The footstep walked away from the counter and stopped again.

Chases face mirrored mine confusion. He walked toward the counter and walked around it closing in on where we were. I saw his face in the small mirror that was near the counter, it was the man I knew my whole entire life. It was the man I once looked up to, The man that left us with no return. It was my father.

He was the killer. My whole world froze. No, this can't be true. My father is the killer. My father is Zoey's kidnapper.

Small footsteps rushed down the staircase.

"You were looking for me?" Zoey's voice said finally slicing the tension that had been build up.

"Susan!" He dropped a bat right next to me, silently gasped I didn't realize he was that close.

"You ran Susan that was not part of the game. You know what happens when you don't play by the rules." My father said calmly. A game? What's he talking about? Susan?

He ran over to Zoey before she even had a chance to run, grabbing her by the head and slamming her against the mirror that I had once saw his reflection in. He grabbed her by the neck, pushing her down on the stairs choking her. Something snapped in my head and I grabbed the bat and ran upto him, swinging the bat right at his head. His heavy body crashed down with a loud thud. We stood there for a few seconds staring at his body.

"Is he dead?" Zoey asked, I opened my mouth to speak but Chase beat me to it and said,

"No, he's still breathing." Small relief rushed through me.

"Christine! You found me." Zoey said her voice cracking.

I smiled and gave her a hug,

"Of course I found you!"

A small grunt came from my fathers mouth, we both stepped back and backed away from his body.

"What happened?" A voice said from behind us, Zoey and I both jumped in surprise. I looked at the girl standing infront of me.

It was my sister Jennifer.

---------------------------

Hello! I'm so sorry again for not uploading but writers block sucks and I usually have writers block for this story. But now it's gone and I have an idea of how to end this story but not before I add some twists. Only a couple more long yes I said long chapters and this story will be finished :)