The Third Chapter

The Third Chapter

Oh Sehun sat still as the other students piled inside the classroom. The buzz was turned down by the music playing on his headphones. The bustling of his classmates as they look around for seats while getting acquainted with each other made him dizzy so he focused his eyes outside the window instead. The sky was clear blue and he could spot some birds flying at a distance. It was a peaceful day in spring, in contrast with the chaos around school.

It was his first day as a university student. He was already at his third class for the day, just waiting for the professor to come. He was relieved that he doesn’t have classes together with Jongin and Chanyeol in the morning because they would surely pester him again.

His reverie got interrupted when someone tapped him on the shoulder. He plastered a frown on his face to show the person that he was irritated by the interruption. He found out it was a girl when he craned his neck to look at her, so he immediately switched to a poker face. He might be one grumpy and unfeeling person but he still tries to be polite around ladies. The first thing he noticed about her was her eyes. He had a feeling that if he would stare at them for a long time, he would drown.

She mouthed something at him and he realized he couldn’t hear her because of the music so he removed his headphones. He saw that she was trying not to roll her eyes and instead, she asked again, “Is this seat taken?” She gestured at the chair on his left.

Sehun shrugged in response. No one was sitting but someone might have already taken the chair while he was busy watching outside the window.

“Can I sit here then?” She probed on.

“Suit yourself.” He mumbled. He wondered why she had to ask him about that. It wasn’t like he was the one who owned the university.

The girl placed her bag on the chair before taking a seat. He was about to wear his headphones when she turned to him again. “I’m Jung Daesom, by the way.” She introduced herself. “I’m an Arts major. How about you?” There was a small smile on her face.

Ah, another chatterbox. Jongin and Chanyeol were more than enough to handle already and getting acquainted with this one could add up more to his stress. He wasn’t planning on making friends for his four-year stay at the university so he put on his headphones again without answering her.

Despite the music, he still heard her cluck her tongue in annoyance and mutter the word, “Rude.” Without him noticing, a playful smirk had crossed his face.

Sehun stared down at the girl who was giving him an alluring gaze. That was his first memory of Jung Daesom. He didn’t know why he suddenly remembered that. But comparing that with the one in front of him now, no one could deny that they were two completely different people. He swatted her hand away when she started drawing circles on his chest. He wouldn’t get affected by her. He shouldn’t.

“What do you want from me, really? Can’t you just leave me alone?” He growled.