Epilogue

Epilogue

Jamison's Point of View

Two and a half years later

       "Shh, we have to be quiet, little lady. We don't want to ruin the surprise!" I whisper to my daughter Carmen. She giggles her contagious little giggle and I find myself holding in a laugh.

I pick Carmen up into my arms. I stop to look at her gorgeous face. She looks just like Lorelei--the blonde hair, the blue eyes. She's a total look-alike; she's beautiful. I kiss her cheek and walk into the kitchen.

Today is Lorelei's 26th birthday. It honestly feels like it was yesterday that I proposed to her after Meredith and Hudson's wedding. When she said yes all of the weight that was riding on my shoulders disappeared. I didn't know I was so nervous until the moment I tried to get the two words out of my mouth. Getting Lorelei to forgive me for being a jealous idiot was the cake. But her accepting my proposal was the icing. Then just three months later, Lorelei and I got married. It was a small, elegant affair that only had close, close friends and family. Carmen was a total surprise, at least for me.

Lorelei told me she was pregnant once I carried her over the threshold of our hotel room. The smile that evening on her lips was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life. It's going to be engraved into my brain forever. I remember being just as happy and excited. I also secretly hoped we were going to have a girl. I wasn't against having a boy, but I wanted a girl. And I hoped she looked like her mommy.

Because Lorelei is the most beautiful woman in the world.

I try to get all of the ingredients out and ready as quickly as I possibly can. I place all of the food items onto the counter. When I turn around with a bowl to mix everything into Carmen is sitting patiently in the chair I placed her in with a big, wide grin on her rose colored lips.

       "Da-da!" she says.

I smile and kiss the top of her head. "Okay, let's make mommy breakfast in bed, little lady," I tell Carmen.

She watches me with wide eyes. Damn, she looks exactly like Lorelei. It's amazing. I mix everything into a bowl for French toast. It was one of the first things I ever made for Lorelei. Sharing another magical moment with her and our daughter is just another thing for me to be thankful for.

       "Sit tight, pretty lady. It's hot over here and I don't want you to get hurt. Just watch daddy."

I make sure Carmen listens to me before placing the bread into the pan. Carmen agains lights up when she hears the sizzle of the bread in the pan. She giggles too. Gosh, both of my girls have a tight hold over me. I'm happy about it though.

       "Want to help daddy set-up the tray, Carmen?" I ask hoping for another smile or a giggle or both.

She does. "Yea, da-da!"

I help her stand up on the chair and position it so she won't slip and fall off. I let her place the pretty pink flowers into a vase. Watching Carmen get all happy over the "pretty flowers" makes me feel blessed. So, so blessed.