Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

    Tears framed my eyelids once Meredith said those four words. My stomach suddenly began to hurt. How could this happen? Why did this have to happen? I wrap my arms around Meredith and pull her into a warm embrace. She cries as I hold her and I do the same.

Hudson sits next to Meredith on the couch. His expression tells me that he’s in a lot of pain. I hug him too, just to show him just how sorry I am for all that has happened. When he let’s go, I see the tears in his eyes. Meredith moves closer to Hudson and they hold each other.

Everything is quiet. Too quiet.

I look over at Jamison. He stands awkwardly next to me. From the way he’s looking at Meredith and Hudson, he is equally hurt. But there is also a lot of confusion written on that gorgeously handsome face of his. Meredith and Jamison have both been there for one another. I think Jamison doesn’t know exactly what to do in this situation. I don’t either.

Jamison suddenly wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me to him. I put my face up against his hard chest. Naughty thoughts from our actions earlier enter my brain. Stop it, Lorelei! This is the most inappropriate time to be thinking about making love with Jamison. I close my eyes and let the last of my tears fall. Jamison kisses the top of my head while rubbing my back. Then he let’s me go from his arms.

    “Why didn’t you tell me you were pregnant, Meredith?” Jamison’s tone is calm. Now he just seems disappointed and depressed.

Meredith looks up at him with her puffy, red eyes. Seeing my best friend in all of this pain is killing me inside. The want and need to just hold her and tell her everything is going to be okay is big. But I know that Hudson is there for her. He’s her rock.

    “I-I didn’t know how to tell you this. Please don’t be mad at me right now,” her words come out in almost a whisper. More tears fall from her eyes, breaking my heart even more. Meredith doesn’t deserve this pain. Nobody does.

    “I’m not mad, Meredith. I’m a little disappointed you didn’t tell me. But I am just so, so sorry.”

Jamison hugs Meredith and then kisses her tear stained cheek. He shakes Hudson’s hand and then returns to his place next to me. He takes my hand this time and kisses my knuckles. Little shocks of pleasure shoot up my arm from his lips touching my knuckles all so lightly.

    “Do you want to go back to my place?” Jamison whispers in my ear. Again the shocks trickle down through my body. This time they shoot down my neck. Leaving me feeling wired and very much alive again. I simply give him a nod, not wanting to open my mouth and say something completely stupid right now.

I give Meredith and Hudson both another hug. Jamison does the same. Together we walk the short distance to our cars. Before I get into mine, Jamison traps me by the door. He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my lips. The kiss is passionate and slow. He takes his time. And right as I’m about to let him in, he stops kissing me, leaving me wanting more. Way, way more. He turns on his heels and gives me a sexy wink.

    “I’ll see you at my place, beautiful,” Jamison’s compliment shouldn’t make me feel all bubbly inside, but it does. I blush instantly. Happiness explodes inside of me. How does Jamison Van Der Hooven even like me? Just a couple of weeks ago he wouldn’t even talk to me. Now look at us.