Chapter Twenty-Three

       I feel sneaky leaving Jamison's condo this morning. The rush that I’m getting from leaving isn't even worth it because we didn't solve a Goddamn thing. I stand in the bedroom doorway and watch him sleep. His dusty gold locks are all messed up on one side and he looks damn delicious. I just want to run my hands through his hair and kiss him. I watch his chest rise and fall as he breathes.

But he doesn't love you like you love him.

The realization hit me last night. He knew my feelings, and yet, he didn't do anything. He didn't try to tell me he felt the same or that he didn't. He sure as hell didn't stop the amazing love making that occurred though.

Although we both weren't exactly sober. Jamison looked like he got hit by a truck when he opened his front door. I was just about the give up when he finally opened the door. Seeing him brought back so many feelings all at once. I wasn't just anxious. I was excited and worried. I wanted to make sure that Jamison was okay. I wanted to show him how much I love him.

Because I do. God, I love him.

I leave his condo in a rush. I don't want him to wake-up. I know that if he did all he would do was attempt to persuade me to come back to bed with him. The worst part of all though is I would--in a fucking heartbeat.

I am the first bridesmaid to make it to Meredith's. I am too early for Meredith too. She is still trying to wake-up as I walk through the door. From the look on her face I can tell that she is in the middle of nursing her hangover. It takes me all of this time to realize the horrid headache I have.

Damn you alcohol and your after effects.

       "Hey! Are you getting excited yet?" I ask trying to change the awkward mood.

My words must have made everything worse by the sarcastic glare Meredith is giving me. She takes a long pull of her water and then walks over to me. She pulls me into a hug I wasn't expecting.

       "Thank you so much, Lorelei."

I frown at her words. What is she thanking me for? I don't know what I could have done. I think she realizes my confusion when she looks me over. She begins to laugh and I can't help but join in too.

       "What are you thanking me for, Meredith?"

       "For everything! You've been the best friend a girl could ever have. I mean every word. You have helped Hudson and I with the wedding. Gosh, I owe you. I love you, Lorelei. Thank you!"

Meredith's kind words warm my heart. My eyes fill with tears, but I swallow the lump in my throat before they have a chance to fall. "You don't have to thank me for that, Mere. I love you, too and you're welcome."

Meredith wipes her sneaky falling tears right as the front door opens. Suddenly we're surrounded by all of the bridesmaids. All of the girls look like they're still trying to get over their hangovers too. It looks like Meredith and I are not alone.