Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

   "Before you ask a single question, just know that nothing happened. I mean nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero," I tell Brooke in a serious tone.

She looks over at me with disappointment reading on her gorgeous face. Is it really that big of a shocker that nothing happened between Jamison and I? We're friends! Well, we're trying to be friends. I think it still counts. Plus Jamison can have any girl he wants. He doesn't want me when he can have that beauty from the bar last night.

   "You did all of this to yourself, Lorelei."

I frown at Brooke. What the hell is she talking about now? "What are you talking about? He didn't try to make a move. He's simply not interested. You and Meredith are nuts!"

   "You're so unbelievably frustrating. I'm not going to stand here and argue with you. All I'm going to say it that you did this to yourself," and with that Brooke turned on her heel and got right to work.

I stand in the same spot completely dumbfounded. Brooke sounds so serious. Could this really be true? Am I just blind or are Brooke and Meredith just jumping to conclusions?

Before I even have time to think this all through some more, I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket. I look down at my phone screen and see Meredith's name. It must be yet another "maid of honor favor".

   'I need you to come over tonight. All of the ribbons for the chairs are here! I need you and Jamison to sort through all of them. Love you. M'

Just what I need right now. To sort through some stupid pink ribbons with Jamison. Could this week get any worse?

***

   I'm pleasantly surprised to an empty house. Over three boxes containing ribbons that will be bows sit in front of the couch. Looking at the boxes from here makes me dread this even more. And then I turn my head to the stairs to see Jamison. He's wearing a blue button up shirt and a pair of nice dress pants. What kills me is the bright red baseball cap on his head, covering his gorgeous dusty blond hair that I may or may not have fantasized about running my fingers through.

   "I didn't hear you come in. Sorry for kind of sneaking up on you," the kindness in Jamison's words warm my insides.

   "It's all right. I thought nobody was here."

   "Meredith is upstairs in her room working on some 'work stuff' with Hudson. I wouldn't go up there if I were you."

I find myself giggling at Jamison's comment. He laughs too. That sound is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard in my life. The thought of Jamison being happy makes me even more happy.

   "I guess we should get to work on this tedious task."

Jamison follows me to the coffee table in the center of the living room. He takes the box cutter and opens each box. I watch as he does this finding it to be kind of sexy. He's muscular arms bulge as he pushes the box cutter into the tape.