X - My Deep Revelation

I woke up to the sound of Keri's neighbour playing the piano. It was a jolly yet calm sound and it filtered my gay thoughts that I was thinking right now. It made me feel as if I was with God and he was judging my thoughts. I was lying down on my back with Keri's head gently resting on my chest. One of her arms was drooped over my waist and I had my arm over her, keeping her close to me. I stroked her head gently, brushing her hair off her face from time to time. I think I'm in love with Keri's hair. It's so soft and smells so freaking good.

I looked down at her and she was so cute, I had to contain my feels. She shuffled around a little bit and move off me. Nonono! Come back! She turned away from me so I just lay there with my arm stretched out, looking at her, longing for her touch. I want to cuddle with you, come back. There's nothing gay about it because friends can cuddle too. I sighed as I gave up and spooned her. She then shuffled around in my arms to face me. Her nose touched mine sending shivers up my spine. Her lips were inches away, and I licked my lips before holding my breath, determined. I tilted my head a little bit so our noses weren't in the way and leaned in. I planted a small gentle kiss on her lips.

I was so shocked at my sudden action that I didn't even move. I just stayed in that position, remembering the soft, smooth feel of her lips.

"Maia wake up!" Keri whined, pulling her covers off of me and throwing them to the other side of her room. I violently jumped up from the bed, "oh my god! What the fuck?" I yelped realising that the previous events were indeed just fantasy.

But how? It felt so real!

"Whoa, Maia are you okay?" Keri looked at me worried and got me to sit down on her bed. I nodded and told her I just had a weird dream. "Did the movie scare you?" She mocked me, poking my ribs and arms.

"No shut up," I tried to hold back a grin. However, I couldn't look Keri in the eyes anymore, no matter how much I tried, I couldn't. Keri told me to put on the t-shirt and sweatpants that she gave me yesterday because she was wearing that too. We went downstairs where Keri made me scrambled eggs. We were home alone because her dad works at an agency and her mom works in an elementary school as a teacher and her school was having some autumn themed event.

We ate in silence and that gave me time to think about my strange dream. "Keri, what does it mean when you want to kiss someone?" I asked, Keri instantly looked up at me, "what?"

"What does it mean when you want to kiss someone?" I repeated myself.

"Well that usually means that you have a crush on that person."

"Oh no!" I whispered. I had tried to avoid the worst and yet the worst has occurred, "but that means that I have a crush on a girl!" I gasped in dismay, "that's not supposed to happen!"

"That would mean you're gay. There's nothing wrong with that."

"I know, but what am I going to tell my parents?" I hid my face in my arms.

"You don't have to come out yet. You should come out when you feel safe or ready."

"You seem to know a lot about this," I lifted up my head to look at her. I have a crush on her. I have a crush on Keri McCormack. Shit, "I'm gay," I said in disbelief, "I'm...... gay?"

"Maia it's okay, being gay isn't anything to be ashamed of. It's a part of you and what makes you special," Keri stood up and gave em a tight hug. I hugged her back and I could feel my heart pounded in my chest. I hope she couldn't feel my heart. I hugged her tighter so that I could smell her hair. I can't believe I turned gay for her. That's not fair. She's messing my mind up so badly. I really like her but I don't want to. She will never like me back. I don't want to be gay. Why can't I like a boy?

When have I even found a boy attractive? So I'm not even bisexual!

Frustrated, I sighed loudly and looked at Keri in desperation. She hugged me again and said we can go for a walk, so we did. We went to the fountain, pulled up our sweatpants and sat on the edge of it with our bare feet dangling in the water. We didn't put any shoes on because mine were still wet and Keri didn't want me to be bare foot alone. Keri had low messy bun and my hair was just all over the place. I forgot to brush it.

"The party's today," Keri suddenly broke the awkward silence.

"We're crashing it," I grin slyly.

"What the-? No we're not!" Keri gasped.

"I want to do something fun tonight." Keri is fun. I'm kidding.

"Yeah, I guess I understand you. The feeling of adrenaline is addictive," she smiled, looking at me. I smiled back at her, "I need to go piss behind a bush. Be right back," I deadpanned and got up, hearing Keri mutter a sarcastic 'nice' behind me. As soon as I got far enough, I ducked behind a bush and called Cindy. She picked up the first time.

"Cindy I'm a lesbian!"

"Wow. Really? I never would've guessed. You? Out of all people?"

"Cindy I'm serious. Don't be sarcastic!"

"Okay okay. What happened? How did you realise this?"

"I had a dream about me kissing Keri. And I have been wanting to kiss her for a long time and she's so pretty and cute and oh my god I'm so in love with her!" I sighed.

"You're so cute."

"I know. But on another note, are you going to Marina's party tonight?"

"Yeah. Might as well. I have nothing to do. Are you?"

"Yeah. You could say that," I said slyly.

"Maia, what are you planning on doing?"

"You'll see. Gotta go, bye!" I hung up and pissed before returning to Keri. She was stroking an older lady's dog and making friendly conversation. "Hey, Keri," I waved weakly and politely greeted the lady, "Keri we need to go!" I said urgently. Keri raised her eyebrows, "um, okay? Bye Bella!" Keri smiled at the older lady and stroked the dog and we quickly ran to Keri's house. I grabbed my stuff and told Keri to be wearing all black when I come to get her at 8. She agreed reluctantly walked me to the bus stop.

~~~

I waited outside Keri's house wearing black skinny jeans, black converses, black tank top and a black leather jacket. I stared at Keri's window which was covered by her mint green curtains. The lights were off in her house so I figured that Keri must've been sneaking out tonight. My mom thought I was at Keri's house again. I checked my phone for the time and when I looked back at Keri's window, I saw the very person dangling on her window sill wearing a black skater skirt, black Doc Martins, black fishnet tights, a black fishnet top with a black bra underneath and a black denim jacket. She looked hot.

"Maia!" She hissed, "catch me!"

"Okay," I walked under her and she let go of the window sill, falling with some force into my arms, "you're heavy!" I groaned, helping her to stand up normally.

"Where are we going?" Keri asked me and I'm glad she did because to answer her question, I pulled a water gun from, under my jacket which looked like a real gun. I had two so I gave her one. She looked at me in disbelief, "Maia what the fuck?"

"We're crashing Marina's party," I tried doing a cool gun flip but it failed and my gun fell on the grass.

"We can't shoot people!"

"You can if it's water," I picked my gun up.

"Oh my Jesus," Keri sighed in relief, "it's just a water gun."

"Yeah you idiot," I scoffed.

"Im not an idiot, you moron," Keri gave me a light shove, "now let's go crash that bitch's party."