VI - Absent

The next day, Keri wasn't in school. When she wasn't sitting in her seat at the front in the only lesson I have with her, I was really sad. I sat in biology staring at her empty seat with my head in my hands.

Damn, why do I miss her so much?

I sighed a bit too loudly and the teacher glared at me, "is there something you are dissatisfied with, Miss. Oh?" I moved my head slowly to look at her, then I shook my head. She rolled her eyes at me and continued with her lesson. What a bitch. I lifted my head up and looked down at my biology book. I drew a little blonde girl in the corner. She looked funny and I smiled to myself. Then I drew a little brunette next to her. My doodles were cute and silly, but definitely not artistically good. I'm only good at sports.

In this lesson, I sat away from my friends but I sat right next to Marina. She was my lab partner. "I hope you all know what you're supposed to be doing now," Miss. Brenner looked at me for a split second and then sat down at her desk. Marina briskly turned to face me whereas I took a lazier approach. "What are we doing?" I sighed slowly standing up. Marina rolled her eyes and explained the experiment to me when we laid out the equipment on our desk. She said that I should just let her do it whilst I watch but I protested and told her that I didn't stand up just so that I could watch her do the experiment. She scoffed and I rubbed the Q-tip on her diseaseful foundationed nose, to which she screeched in terror.

"Why would you do that? You ruined my make up!" She hissed.

"No Marina that's just your face," I said nonchalantly and rubbed the Q-tip with her cooties on the petri dish.

"Maia you're a dick," she chucked my pencil case across the lab.

"What the hell?" I whined and used another Q-tip to rub under the desk and then on another section of the dish, "go get my pencil case, I need it to hit you."

"Go get your own damn pencil case!" She huffed. Marina was annoying me and I really wanted to throw her out of the window. I shrugged and told her to stop bothering me to which she crossed her arms at her chest and sat down seductively. Her cardigan was tied around her waist and the thin strap of her tank top fell off her shoulder revealing her collar bone. "Are you gay?" Marina scoffed as she leaned forward a little so that I could have a view of her cleavage. My eyes widened as I realised I must've been staring, "no what the heck?" I looked away instantly and tried to cover my firing cheeks with my hair.

"You're disgusting," she stood up and went to get my pencil case. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and my eyes stung a little. I'm not disgusting. Am I? I'm not even gay! Now I wanna cry. I swallowed my rage and aggressively rubbed the closest tap with a third Q-tip. When I came back to our desk to rub it on our petri dish, Marina was already waiting for me, playing with my scissors; I rolled my eyes and ignored her. "Our experiment is half complete," I growled quietly as I labelled it with my initials only.

Marina didn't even seem to notice so I put the dish with some of the others and joined in with Cindy and a cheerleader called Bella. They were almost done but I got Cindy to the side, "Cindy," I looked at her nervously, "am I disgusting?"

"What?" She looked at me confused, "apart from the fact that you're always talking about masturbation, why would you be disgusting?"

"Nothing," I chuckled weakly, "thanks,"

"No no no! What happened?" Cindy insisted, grabbing my wrist as I tried to walk away. But I pulled my arm away and muttered a stern, "nothing," and I went to ask Bella if she had Keri's number. After I wrote her number on my hand, I went to my seat and saved her number. Marina wasn't there, she was busy talking to her fellow cheerleaders so I took that time to quickly text Keri.