But When You Smile At The Ground It Ain't Hard To Tell

“Riing!” my alarm clock invited me to another day, another morning. I opened my weary eyes. Sunlight already filtered my window which I sometimes hate.

“Bang! Bang!” Two straight bashes were heard from that scrawny door of mine.

“Wake up Sam! Your bus is already here.” said the voice of a little angel, Niall but made my head redder than ever.

I checked out the clock. 7:30 A.M. “Oh my gosh! This cannot be happening.”

I could hear the beeps of the bus from the outdoors. I was so stupid to wake up late in the morning.

“Sam! Get down here. Have your breakfast.” called mom from the kitchen which I recognizably heard.

“Alright mom. Give me a minute or two.”

I rushed into my bathroom. Took the toothbrush and toothpaste. Stuck it in my mouth. Grabbed my outfit which I never bother choosing. Went downstairs as same as how I went downstairs the last day.

“What’s happened, honey?” asked mom. “Take your breakfast with you.”

I grabbed my lunch box and zipped out. “I’m late mom. See ya.”

I hastily closed the door. I haven’t even tied my shoes yet but still I hurried up.

“Sam, your ball!” called a voice from our house. It was Niall. Holding my ball with his arms, he automatically threw the ball at me which I perfectly caught.

“Bye, Niall!” I shouted. “Mom!”

The bus couldn’t wait. It kept beeping and honking and all sorts of sounds it could make, it already gave it a go.

“Alright, I’m coming.” I told the bus.

The yellow school bus opened its door by itself operated by the angry driver.

“What took you so long?” the bus driver complained.

“Sorry.” I sarcastically smiled. “Just woke up, actually. Won’t happen again.”

“You better don’t or you’ll be walking two kilometers from your house to your school.”

I slightly nodded at the bus driver and went to find a descent seat for the first passenger to ride the bus this morning.

I found a seat right where Cody sat the last time I saw him. I felt it was comfy, though it never really was. I took a deep breath and viewed the outdoors as a wonderful scenery.

Time by time, the bus stopped to take more students as its passengers. I was waiting for Cody. My head was ready to apologize while my heart always had been ready to meet the guy.

Half the seats were occupied but still, no Cody Schmuckz can be spotted. I was starting to get disappointed. It was my one and only chance, I supposed.

Another thing was, Rose wasn’t there so I felt a bit lonely or probably, totally lonely. I don’t actually have many friends, yet I know, they are just falling in a que day by day.

The bus was still running while I unnoticeably fell asleep. It was getting hot and I could smell the nauseous stench of the bus air. I didn’t mind the feeling. I just kept myself sleeping until we reach the school.

Unaware of what was going on, I felt a strange feeling. The vibration that was supposed to explain the driving of the bus had just stop. I could finally breathe fresh air. The hot breeze of the bus was already cooling down and I could sleep well.

I didn’t plan to get off the bus but someone interrupted me. Somebody, probably a student dared to wake me up and ruin my beautiful dream.

I opened my weary, blurry eyes. I could see the colors, yellow, blue, white and black. I closed my eyes again but this someone here was really eager to wake me up. I didn’t have any choice. It wasn’t my bedroom nor my house. I yawned as if it was my last yawn. My jaw almost got stiff but I managed to close it. I stretched both my arms and exercised my shoulders. I could feel someone assisting me getting up. I took a deep breath and made a huge sigh. I cleared my eyes. I didn’t need glasses but I was just wondering who this person was.