Being The Way That You Are Is Enough

I entered the Cafeteria. I checked every table, every corner, every people who were there just to be sure Cody wasn’t there.

The ghost was clear. I sat on a table in the far right corner of the whole room waiting for Rose to arrive. I was staring at the Cafeteria door and saw several people came in and out of it.

Finally, Rose arrived. I waved at her so she’ll know where I was. She replied me a smile and a wave. I called her to sit on my table.

Then, there was Cody. He waved at me. He probably thought I was waving at him but I was just calling Rose. My eyes bagged at Rose as if I was warning her something. Rose was unaware of what was going on. I was slightly pointing my index finger to Cody so that it wouldn't be so obvious I was pointing at Cody but Rose also didn’t notice it so, it left me no choice but to sit there and wait for Rose.

“What’s the matter, Nick?” Rose asked.

I pointed my lips towards Cody that she managed to check out.

“Oh! Why didn’t you say so?” Rose said.

I sighed. I didn’t know if Cody was going to near our table.

“So, what happened in tryouts?” asked Rose.

I was still bothered by Cody being in the Cafeteria but I didn’t mind it much.

“It actually went great. You will never believe what I just did.” I bragged.

“Well, how was it then?” Rose was so excited.

I took a deep breath before telling her everything.

“She kicked the ball very hard and it soared high into the sky like a jet plane.” said a guy’s voice.

I was surprised and frightened. When I turned around, it was actually Cody, speaking. I was stunned but my body wanted me to flee from my seat and my hands wanted to grab Rose’s hand to grawb her away from him.

“I think we should go now –

“No!” Cody seized my hand. “I will not let you get away this time.” He said.

Rose smiled at me like there was no choice.

“By the way, why are you running away from me?” Cody asked.

“Yes, why?” Rose asked, too.

I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t actually know why I get away from him. I don’t have a legit reason. Probably, my shyness took over me which is totally hysterical but I realized, I actually was slightly overreacting. I was a bit embarrassed but I guess, there's no stopping me now and I stood up twisting the story.

“Nothing, I wasn’t getting away from you. There are lots of things to do besides talking to someone I surely don’t know.” I stood out.

“Well, it’s not that. I just want to tell you how great you are at soccer.” said Cody.

“Yes, I know I am great but I surely don’t need to hear that from you. Besides, I usually don’t talk to strangers and you are a complete stranger there, mister.”

I grabbed Rose’s hand and we left the Cafeteria. Cody was left there.

"Can I at least try not to be a stranger?" Cody yelled but I ignored.

“What is wrong with you, Nick? The guy already talked to you and why are you acting so immature?” said Rose.

“Ugh!” I groaned. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

“No wonder, you don’t get a boyfriend.” Rose lowered her voice speaking.

I heard that but it wasn’t okay. “What?” I loured at her.

“Nothing. Yes, we shouldn’t talk about this right now. You seem smoldering.”

“Am not!” I said.

“Okay then. Probably, you’re just hungry. I brought you some sandwich.”

Rose took some sandwiches out from her backpack. I dug into it because I was starving and feeling a bit nauseous. I checked my bag for some water and yes, it was there. I ate and hydrated myself until I wasn’t hungry anymore.

“Feeling better?” checked Rose.

“Kind of.” I smiled at her.

“Ring!” The school bell rang. It was already 1 o’clock.”

It was our free hour that time. We had no classes because our teacher was supposed to attend some school conference so, Rose and I stayed at the basketball court watching basketball players practice their stuff. I sat on the tiered seats in the court as I watch them shoot the ball in various strategic manners.

[4/13/13]

[Another comment from me. Yeah, as same as the other chapters, I also edited this and probably some I made short and some, I separated paragraphs. Put a bit of conversation. And hope everything goes great. Still, need your comments so, thanks.]