If Only You Saw What I Can See

It was almost 4 o’clock and we were still stuck in that house because of the unforgivable weather. Lily and Rose helped themselves by taking pictures with the boys and uploading them on social networking sites, blogs and videos to be uploaded on youtube.

I was just sitting there and doing nothing until Cody invited me for a fine conversation.

“How’s the party so far?” Cody asked.

I wasn’t actually paying much attention since I was very worried of getting detention for cutting classes.

“Oh.” I pretended I didn’t listen. “What was that again?”

“No, never mind.” He said. “How are you with the boys?” he asked. “Are they treating you right?”

I smiled. “Of course, they are. I mean, they do. I have no problems with them. In fact, I love hanging out with you guys.”

“Glad to hear that.” He said. He took a bottle of champagne and poured it on a martini glass. “Can I interest you with some…”

“No thank you.” I resisted. “I don’t actually drink and I swore to God, no liquor will kiss my lips.”

“Very well,” he said. “I will not drink either. If that’s your rules.”

My phone rang without a notice. I checked it out. Some unregistered number was calling. I doubted that I had to answer that call but it was worth a try. I answered it anyways.

“Hello?” I asked who was calling.

“Nick?” said a familiar girl’s voice.

“Yeah? Who’s this?”

“It’s me, Romane. Where are you?”

“Somewhere. What’s with the call?”

“You will never believe what just happened in school.”

I kind of got curious and my worry level rose high.

“What about the school?”

“A hurricane just passed by our school. It’s completely destroyed.”

I was completely surprised. Not with joy but with despair.

“What about soccer practice?”

“I guess, soccer practice can wait.”

“And coach?” I asked. I was concerned if there’s any chances of us having soccer practice.

“Coach? He’s in the hospital.”

“Hospital? What happened?”

Cody got a feeling of something was wrong. He managed to listen to our classified conversation.

“Car accident. He was on his way home when the hurricane passed and another car was flown by it. Then, there it went. A car crash.”

Cody stood up. He was worried of what was happening.

“What hospital are you talking about?” Cody was getting worried.

I raised my index finger and placed it on his mouth indicating 'hold-on-a-second''. He silenced himself.

“Can I call you back, Romane? I need to deal with something first.” I told her.

“Yeah. In case you’re still wondering, turn to channel 9 right now.” Romane then hung up.

Cody was still bugging me. I couldn’t tell him everything because he might freak out. I immediately went to the living room where they all enjoy watching Titanic wearing their 3D glasses. I interrupted them a bit so Cody can satisfy himself.