First Encounter

I yawned and wiped the sleep out of my eyes lazily. After being given orders to be a tour guide basically, I quickly went off to my quarters to rest up.

I had a feeling that dealing with overly excitable people for five hours a day for a week would end up taking its toll on me.

I smacked my lips together and slid out of my bed; heading to my wash room. I looked at myself in the mirror admiring my big brown eyes, they were the same color as my father's.

I turned on the sink and splashed the water in my face. I felt nervous about being in charge of so many people. I shook my head ran a hand through my hair.

I smiled at myself in the mirror remembering how much money I was getting paid for this job. The butterflies in my gut flew away when that thought came in.

"I can do this," I said to myself confidently.

"I mean what's the worst that could happen?" Finally I hyped myself up enough to get into the shower and pick out a nice outfit.

It was a hot pink mini dress, brown sandels and looped light blue earrings. I walked out of the door and hid the key under my door mat, sure it was a bit cliche but no one had ever broke into my room yet.

I headed down the hall and casually hummed a catchy song in my head. I bobbed my head all the way to the deck.

I soon noticed a rather large sign with "Gabby's Station" written in large bubble letters. I approached the sign and saw Lou standing beside it wiping his brow.

He was wearing an all white jumper that was littered with blue and yellow paint. I glanced up at the sign and saw they were the same color.

Putting two and two together it was safe to assume the sign was Louis' work. I placed my hand on his shoulder and admired the sign.

"Nice work." He turned his head to look at me then back to his project.

"Thanks, it is pretty good isn't it? I got started on as soon as I heard the news." I gave him a closed mouth smile and a thumbs up.

"Good going buddy, but shouldn't you be working, your shift isn't up yet." He threw his head back and laughed.

I didn't see anything funny about what I said but his laugh was contagious.

"I'm working with you Gab, Captain said that you might need some help and I was the first to volunteer." I bit my lip and growled deep in my throat.

I couldn't believe my dad didn't trust me enough to guide some tourists around the ship I had been to my whole life! I pulled a fake smile to cover my anger before pointing at Louis' attire. "Do you plan on wearing that the whole time?" He shrugged and wiped his hands on his jumper which only aided to make the paint stains worse. Well if he didn't care neither did I.

"So when will the guests get here?" He scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

"You see Gabby, basically the guests are the bosses here. They can be as late or as early as they please." I grinned at this; if I got lucky no guests would come at all.

I thought that a little too soon.

When I looked up you saw a teenage girl with long flowing brown hair, fairly tanned skin and beautiful hazel eyes...in short she was a very cute girl.

I peaked over at Louis quickly; he was practically drooling.

"Hi," she greeted with a British accent, "My name's Eleanor and I just boarded yesterday. I just really want to know where everything is. So if it isn't to much of a bother..."