Ship Wrecked

Prologue:

I loved it..the smell of the sea the crisp salt blowing past my face. It was the first time I had ever been on a cruise and I was excited to say the least. I adjusted my bathing suit that was hidden beneath a towel. I came on this trip with my father. He was the captain of the ship and worked more than played. I barely saw him since I boarded the ship and it had been that way for weeks.

Today the ship, which was called the S.S. Betancourt, was going to make a stop to pick up more passengers. The hot summer sun beaded down on me as I walked along the deck where pools and buffets littered its existence.

I strolled over to the ships silver railings and looked over it. There I saw tons of happy families cramming their way on board. I sighed longingly, if only I could hang out with my family. But family was something I didn't have much of.

My father was a very busy man; frolicking around with me on cruise was not in his resume. My mom, she was a beautiful woman or at least that's what people told me. Its hard to remember some one who died when I were five given that I was now seventeen. It would have been nice to have a woman figure in my life to tell me the do's and don'ts about being a young woman.

The ship became louder with the buzzing of new voices jamming their ways into your ears. I continued to look over the railing passively until someone caught my eye. He was a fairly tall boy with curly brown hair. That's all I could see from the attitude I was at. The top of his head was the only thing I could see of him..but for some reason I couldn't look away.

He seemed to be some what excited to be getting on a huge ship like the S.S.B., maybe it was his first time, I thought. I slid my hand through my medium length black hair and frizzed it a bit. No point watching some one from a far, it was a tad stalkerish.

"Gabby!" I turned from the railing at the sound of my name. I looked to see Louis, he was a young man that was training under my father to become a captain one day. I saluted him slightly but he waved it off.

"I'm not a captain yet, so no salutes." I shrugged and pursed my lips before leaning back onto the railing.

"You needed something Lou?" He looked at me confused before he shook his head remembering why he called out to me in the first place.

"Oh yeah, Captain Betancourt has requested your presence."

I made a long winded sigh before thanking Louis and heading off to my father's quarters.

I maneuvered through the halls gracefully; making sure I admired the brilliant paintings on the ceiling. My father had always told me my mom painted those. There were so many; hard to believe one person did all of it.

"1234, 1236, 1238...ahh 1240. The wardons room itself." I said pessimistically. It seemed like ever since I got on this cruise my dad had very high expectations for me, not that he didn't before, but now it was just ridiculous.

I knocked on the door three times in a cute little pattern and I heard foot steps approach the door. It opened and I immediately saluted my father with a stern face; he did the same.

"Afternoon daddy." I greeted before being allowed to enter his room.

"Afternoon Gabriela, I called you here for reason." I smiled widely as I pulled a chair out for myself at his dining table.

"Let me guess! Its family game night!?" He looked at me blankly; not in the least bit amused. My father had short brown hair and short goatee to match. I barely saw him out of his navy blue captain suit and when out of his room, his sailors hat as well. His skin was slightly tanned, the same as mine. He sat down across from me and frowned.

He always frowned.

"No not at all. I need you to do something for me darling." I raised an eyebrow at him. He only used pet names when he wanted something out of me.

The last time he called me 'darling' I had to take my frumpy cousin Kash to his eighth grade dance.

I crossed my legs and folded my arms across my chest.

"What is it daddy?" I asked with an exasperated tone. He wiped his forehead even though he wasn't sweating.

"I need you to be a guide to the new passengers that have just boarded today." I breathed out loudly; he raised a finger to silence me.

"You'll only need to do it for a week and," I leaned in at this point,

"I'll pay you for your time."

I almost agreed before I thought about it.

"How much?" I grinned at him.

"About three hundred." I nodded at him and reached my hand over the table to him. He took my hand the two of us shook on it. I'll be the guide to the newbies for a week and that was that.

(Please let me know what you think.....also follow me on Google + @Krissy immaBradfordBhaddBoii

mwah! <3)