9 - Buckets of Trouble & Romance

Hey guys. It's a late night publish. Sorry if this story's update makes your phone ring in the middle of the night and wakes u :/

**********

The girl that Dustin had left to chase after me was before my eyes and I was somehow boiling up in anger and distrust.

"Aaron!" The chick shrieks and went after Aaron and gave him a tight bear hug.

"Oh... Hello, Lola."

I gave him a look that read, 'You know her?!' He shrugged in guiltiness and I walked away to my seat, somehow bottling every inch of anger I had in me, not to hit him in the face.

"Hi, Jessica." Doris greeted and I returned a smile.

I walked over to her, looking at the large table next to us, where we'll be having dinner.

I cross my heart and hope to die... Literally.

*****

Everything went on smoothly. I didn't really had to fake as much. Like, my college options were good, my grades were good, my family had a good history, and I'm neutrally a good being.

Everything going good so far until...

"Dad. Why is such an ordinary girl like her, Aaron's girlfriend? I thought Aaron's so-called girlfriends were supposed to be pretty." Lola cocked her head.

...the fat lady singed.

"Lola... That is not nice." Aaron's father chuckled nerviously taking short glances my way. "I'm so sorry. She didn't mean it."

Yeah... let's hope she didn't.

"No. I have to say this. I mean, need to know my brother is not marrying a drug dealer or even worst... a slut with the way she's dressed." She gave me a scowl.

Hold it in, Jessica. Hold it in.

"I mean, I'm guessing this isn't your first rodio, right?" She mocked once more.

She's pushing the botton that will soon slap her ass across the country and give her a painful and rude awakening.

"I mean, I saw her with Dustin, but I also saw her with Aaron. I mean, she must be screwing her own best friend behind your back, Aaron." She gave me a dirty look and unfortunately for her my patience chipped.

I got up and walked calmly to her side. In a sudden moment, as everyone watched me carefully, I raised my palm in the air and slapped her mercilessly. Her expression was shocked and she seemed as if she was about to cry.

"Got any more 'I mean's' you got to share? Spoiled brats like you shouldn't talk so much trash. Your the one screwing my best friend, knowing he had or still has a girlfriend. Your one of those hipocrites that are quick to talk, but have you taken a look in the mirror lately?"

She looked at me and bit her bottom lip, holding tears in. Her lip started to quiver and she ran to her dad like the toddler she is.

I walked to my chair and grabbed my coat and handbag, walking out of the room without a word. I did hear footsteps coming after me and I knew exactly who.

"Jessica, I'm-" Aaron tried to touch my shoulder, but I turned and gave him a dissapointed look.

Why didn't u tell me?

I walked out and behind me was the silence I didn't want. I wanted time alone. I wanted to ease my head. But I also wanted him to come chaising after me.

Tears overflowed and I blinked, but it just forced them out of my eyes and down my cheek.

What an embarrassment.