Chapter 15

[Hey, so I usually don't put videos within the actual chapters of my novels, but since a certain app won't allow more than one video in the multimedia (>_>), I thought I could put this baby here for this one time:

It'll come in hand for....a certain blonde elf, hehe.

Also, the music in the multimedia is Tritonal & Jenaux- Broken ft. Adam Lambert (it's absolute perfection).

This chapter was fun to write and I hope you all enjoy it! :D]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 15

Reese's POV

"I don't know what crown to get," I grumbled into the phone. It was Saturday and, for some reason, the dilemma of what fake crown to get at the children's toy section grew more out of proportion than it should've.

"As long as it isn't gold, because that won't go with my hair," Ben said.

"All of them are not gold, except for mine!"

"Then get the prettiest one for me!"

"I don't know which is the prettiest!" I replied, exasperated.

"Just pick one!"

"No, because you're going to insult whatever choice I make," I protested.

"It's the thought that counts."

"Not with you," I muttered.

"Just pick one! Do eeny-meeny-minny-mo!"

"Come over here and pick the one you want!"

"Nooo...," he mumbled.

"You're going to see me later anyway! Get your ass over to the toy section and choose your damn crown!" And as I said that, I glanced over at a little girl trying to get a Barbie doll which was next to me. Her eyes were big with near-fear, so I grabbed the Barbie doll box and handed it to her. After that, her face lit up and she skipped away.

"You need to work on your fashion sense," Ben's voice echoed from behind me and from the phone. Startled, I spun around to see him standing in the toy aisle with me.

"Whatever, pervert. Get your crown," I replied, hitting the red hang-up button on my phone screen. The blonde slipped his phone into his back pocket as he scanned the selection of plastic crowns. After eyeballing them and tapping his chin, his face lit up and he picked one.

"There," he started, placing a silver crown with green and white jewels on his head, "easy-peasy."

"You look stunning," I droned.

"I always do," he chimed pompously and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Still need to get your cake," I said, snatching the crown from his head to hold it in my hands. Ben followed behind me as I made my way to the bakery section of the store. As we walked, I took a few glances at Ben and noticed how...tired he looked. His human form had a paler complexion and his eyes seemed darker. I remembered the text he sent me so late (or early) at night, how he couldn't sleep because of a nightmare. I wondered how bad it was, because I've never seen him so exhausted.