Chapter 11

[Thinking about editing or rewriting Killer Protector becauSE OH MY GOD ITS SOOOOO BAD LIKE I WANT TO STAB MY BEGINNER-SELF CHRIST I NEVER REALIZED HOW SHITTY OF A PERSON I HAD MADE ELLIE AND I WASNT TRYING TO BUT FUU--

Enjoy the chapter!]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 11

Reese's POV

A bright white light engulfed my surroundings and I squeezed my eyes to protect them from the flash. When the light subsided, I opened my eyes just in time to see Ben land a hard kick across the oncoming Corrupted's deformed head. He raised his arms, staring at the beast with a stern, determined look that I've never seen before. On his arms were a pair of silvered tinted bracers. Attached to the inner sides were handles that didn't seem to go to anything. I was quickly corrected when the handles flipped and ejected into Ben's hands and a long wire of electricity shot out from the front ends. Holy. Shit.

As the Corrupted came forward to tackle into Ben, the blonde wraith reeled one hand back to whip a sharp hit. The beast was left with a sizzling gash across the leech mouth as it whined in pain. Suddenly, probably as a defense, black liquid spurt out of the mouth towards Ben. At the last moment he teleported out of the way and the black liquid only spilled onto the spot where he had stood. Suddenly, Ben showed up next to me and grabbed my arm, his handles pack against his bracers.

"Are you okay?" he asked me in a rushed voice.

"Y-Yeah--."

The loud howl of the Corrupted startled us and suddenly my world went white. I couldn't feel anything around me except for Ben and I desperately grabbed onto him to make myself feel more secure. When my vision came back, my breath had left and I struggled to inhale for a moment. Ben had to hold me up as I staggered forward. We were outside of the restaurant now.

"Dammit," he muttered, "are you good?"

I could only shake my head.

He cursed under his breath and said, "I can't teleport you back home, I feel like you'll pass out, and I can't have that." Then he dragged me away to the other side of the street towards a closed shop. The second he set me against the wall, the Corrupted's howl echoed from behind us. We turned and saw the hoofed, black monstrosity bound towards us. It completely disregarded all of the cars trying to exit the restaurant parking lot, going as far as to shove some aside.

Whatever Ben had been trying to do before he gave up on, and ran towards the beast. The handle on his right arm ejected and he slashed at the ground in front of the Corrupted. It stopped briefly, enough for Ben to yank the electric wire around his arm and land a hard punch. Electricity shot into the Corrupted, causing it to convulse and wail. Then, the blonde wraith used both handles to send the wire around a nearby street lamp. With one hard tug, he sent the pole falling down onto the Corrupted's body. The monster was now trapped under the street lamp and was still convulsing from Ben's previous attack.

He turned back to look at me and called, "How are you feeling now?"

I managed to give him a half-hearted thumbs up and he smiled. I attempted to walk forward and thankfully my steps were only slightly wobbly. With a tentative gait, I came up next to Ben, glaring at the Corrupted with disgust. It could only whine and grumble at this point and parts of it still twitched.

Ben slid out a dagger from a holster I barely noticed until now and told me, "This might be messy."

I didn't say anything as he kneeled down and wrapped a wire around the beast's neck to keep it in place. It growled and hissed in protest but was too weak to fight back. Just as Ben raised the dagger in the air to cut into the Corrupted, it spit out another shot of black liquid towards his chest. Ben fell back and groaned as steam started rising from his body. I jumped back and watched as a bulbous mass formed from the liquid.