The Commander

Chapter 58: The Commander
Sector 5, Nation Capital

The Commander was sitting at a desk reading through the files of Andromeda, Kai, Layla, and Orion. The first year of the Academy for Genetically Gifted Children had been a disaster—students were attacked, one of the GOP Children had been expelled and then un-expelled, and one of the others had even been kidnapped.

The Commander had not been happy.

Director Perrez was more of a fool than expected. I might as well and go run the damned school my self, the Commander thought.

But, alas, being the sole ruler of the New Nation was a demanding task. The Commander hoped the next three years would prove to be more useful—if the powers of the four GOP Children didn't improve exponentially, the world would be in danger.

If that be the case, one of the other hundreds of students at the Academy would have to replace them. It was the perfect backup plan.
That Annie child would do nicely...or perhaps Josh? Benjamin had been an exceptional option, but with him turning out to be a sociopath of a child...well not anymore.

The Commander sighed, thinking about the final mission that loomed over them all—even putting the task off at all was taking a risk—but the genetically gifted children selected needed time to progress and fully understand the gravity of what lay ahead.

One thing was for sure, time was running out. For all of them.