Into the future

Brief summary:

It has been about a year since everything you just read took place, Alyssa is finished with High School, and now lives with Tyler. Stefan and Elena are traveling around the world, Kol and Jamilla have their own place, which conveniently is close to Tyler's house. That's all.

Alyssa:

I woke up. The alarm clock read: Five o'clock. Tyler had his arm wrapped around my stomach, which was bad because I felt queasy. I tried to calmly remove his arm, but he woke up.

"Are you alright love?" He asked, kissing the back of my head.

"Tyler, I don't feel well." I said, getting up and running to the bathroom. I was right. I was throwing up, bad.

"Oh my gosh, Alyssa, are you alright?" Tyler said, as he entered the bathroom.

"Tyler, please go. I don't want you to see me this way." I said, still having vomit exit my mouth.

"Stop. I love you. I don't care if you were ugly, I'd still love you." Tyler said, coming closer to where I was. He didn't gag, instead he sat on the floor next to me, and rubbed my back.

Eventually, the urge to throw up was gone, so I got up and left. I went back to bed, hiding underneath the blankets. Tyler sat on the bed still trying to comfort me.

"We were going to meet Kol and Jamilla today, do you want me to call and cancel?" He asked.

I totally forgot I was supposed to see Jamilla today. We usually all meet up, but Jamilla and I will go off and shop, while Tyler and Kol do men stuff. "No Tyler, we will go. I kind of want to go shopping anyway." I said, getting off the bed.

I walked into the bathroom with clothing in my hands, a red shirt, with light denim jeans. I also had a  sweatshirt that I put on. I walked out of the bathroom, Tyler looked at me, handing me my sneakers.

"Thank you." I said, smiling at him.

"You're welcome. I'll be in the car when you're ready." Tyler said, walking out of our bedroom. 

I felt queasy again, but I knew that would go away. I probably just ate something bad. I grabbed my purse, and ran out the door to the car. Tyler smiled and waited for me to buckle up before he took off.

"Always trying to look out for me!" I said, smiling.

"Yep. I love you." He replied.

"I love you too, Tyler Lockwood."  I held his hand, as he drove with the other.

We drove for about fifteen minutes, until we got to the mini outlet area. There were several little shops to choose from. I saw Kol and Jamilla standing outside by their car.

"Over there," I said, pointing to the car. "That's them." Tyler pulled into a parking spot right next to their car. Kol looked at me and smiled at me. I waved and smiled back.

"Hey sis!" Jamilla said, opening my door before Tyler even shut the engine off.

"Hey Jamilla!" I said, giving her a hug.

"Hello Alyssa." Kol said, giving me a hug.

"Let's go shopping sis!" Jamilla said, pointing at a new store that had arrived in the outlets.

I looked at Tyler and he gave a thumbs up. I ran off with Jamilla into the new store.

It was a cute store, and full of clothing. Jamilla and I ran into separate directions, looking in our sizes. I found a two dresses that I was willing to try on, one had ruffles on the straps, and was a light pink color. The other was blue, and spaghetti strapped. I found a few other things, but they didn't need trying on, some jewelry, a few hair pieces, and a couple pairs of shoes. I ran into the dressing room to try the two dresses on. I ended up buying everything I found, which did cost a bit of money, but I fell in love with it all. I met up with Jamilla, who had three times the stuff I did.

"Jamilla, Kol isn't going to like that you have all that stuff." I said, laughing.

"He can get over it. They are all such cute outfits." she said, laughing back.

When we finished paying, we left the store. I had no money left, and Jamilla didn't either. We decided to browse a few shops. As we walked into another store, which was our favorite, I began to feel nauseous again.

"Jamilla. I have been feeling very sick to my stomach all day. I think I have the stomach bug."

"Or maybe you and Tyler fooled around too much." Jamilla responded, grinning.

"No. Jamilla Salvatore Mikaelson, knock it off." I said, hitting her.

"I'm just saying, what if you are pregnant. That would be the sweetest thing ever." Jamilla responded.

"No. I can't have a child, Tyler would probably leave me." I said, worrying now.

"Oh my god, Alyssa, calm down. I was kidding, but if you're so sure you aren't pregnant, buy a test and see for yourself." Jamilla said, still teasing me.

"I'm a witch Jamilla, I can sense that kind of stuff. Bonnie could." I said in defense.

"Yes, that is true. And if Tyler ever did leave you, I'd have Kol kick his ass." Jamilla said laughing.

We got a few more things, even though we had no money, we still did. I got a few candles, and yes, a pregnancy test. Jamilla had me paranoid. She noticed I was buying it too, because she kept grinning over at me. When I finished paying, we left and made our way to the cars.

"When you take the test, call me whether you're pregnant or not." Jamilla whispered to me, so that Kol and Tyler couldn't hear.

"I will." I whispered back.

We were at the cars, and Kol and Tyler had just gotten there a few minutes after we did.

"Well, you ladies had fun!" Kol said, grabbing Jamilla's bags and putting them into the back of their car. They were so cute together, and it made me smile. Jamilla hugged me goodbye, then Kol did, and the two of them drove off.

"Well, should we head out too?" Tyler said.

"Yeah, it looks like it is about to rain." I said, as I noticed the dark clouds in the sky.

Tyler opened the door for me, and I got in. Then he shut my door and made way to his side. When his door shut, and he started the car, it began to down pour.

"Well shit. You were right babe." Tyler said, as he pulled out of the parking lot, and we made our way home. We always kept umbrellas in the car, for times like this.

As we pulled into the driveway, I got out two umbrellas. Tyler pulled as close to the door that he could.

"Do you need help with your bags?" He asked, as he grabbed an umbrella.

"No, I should be good." I said.

"Well, I'm going to get inside and take a shower then. I love you." He said, reaching in to give me a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you too." I said, smiling.

He opened his door, placed the umbrella out the door, and opened it up. Then he stood up and ran into the house. I watched as he did, and I did almost the same thing, except I went to the trunk and got my bags. I closed the trunk, and ran inside.

I ran into our bedroom, and quickly grabbed the pregnancy test. Lucky we had more than one bathroom here. I ran downstairs and used the pregnancy test. It said to wait three minutes. I stood waiting, for what seemed like the longest three minutes of my entire freaking life. When my phone alarm went off, I got very nervous.

"You can do this." I said, as I reached for the pregnancy test.

I looked at the box, one bar meant that I was not pregnant. Two bars meant I was.

"Come on. One bar, please Jesus." I whispered to myself.

I picked up the little stick, and looked at it.

"Shit." I said.

I threw the stick into the trash, and sat on the bathroom floor.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." I said to myself, now crying.

I somehow had to find a way to tell Tyler. This may have become the worst day of my life, ever.