The first date (Jamilla POV)

I was woken up by the sound of my phone ringing. I rolled over, picked up my phone, and saw it was Kol calling. My day just got better. I sat up on my bed and hit the answer button. "Hello!" He said cheerfully. "Hi Kol. What's up?" I replied. What's up? Seriously. I rolled my eyes. "I was wondering if you wanted to maybe come on a date with me. Tonight, at the grill?" He said, in a hinting and suggestive way. "I'd love too!" I replied, enthusiastically. "Great! Should I pick you up?" He asked, I could feel his smile through the phone. "Sure. I can text you my address." I said to Kol."No need, I know where it is. I'll see you around five thirty." He said. "See yah!" I replied back, as he hung up. What was I gonna wear? What if he thinks I am ugly? What if he thinks I smell? I got a small panic attack, but then I remembered, I have two amazing parents who love me a lot. "Mom! Dad! I need money." I screamed as I ran down the stairs. I ran into their bedroom. Bad idea. They were kissing. "Eww, get a room." I said, disgusted. They both looked at me, a little bothered, but they laughed. "Jamilla, this is our room." Mom said to me, kissing dad again. "Mommy, can I pretty please have some money to go buy a new dress for my date with hottie Kol?" I asked. I barely paused in that whole sentence, and I even added in my puppy eyes, and my sad lip. "I suppose you can have some cash. But you better not buy something inappropriate." Mom said, adding that last part when dad looked at her. "Yay, thank you thank you!" I said, jumping onto their bed hugging them. Alyssa came into their room. Her hair was standing up, and she looked like she was 5. She stood there for a minute, glanced at us. Then, she ran and jumped as fast as she could and landed right on dad. He wasn't expecting that. I got off the bed, ran into the kitchen and took down my money jar. Mom and dad made us each a jar when we were young, if we are good, they put money in it. They still do that now, and if we want money, we have to ask. They always say yes though, so I never get let down. I ran into the car, and dad came out about five minutes later. "I got stuck with the job of driving you." He said, as he got into the car. It was quiet for a little bit as the ride began. Dad kept glancing at me, and finally he opened his mouth to say something. "Listen, Jamilla. You may be older than your sister, but you're still my baby girl. I need you to promise you'll be careful. Kol is an original vampire, he could hurt you. I know you probably think he won't, but just a single drop of blood from your body could get you killed, and if you get harmed in anyway, I'll never forgive myself. So please, be very careful. In fact, maybe sit at different tables." He said to me, very very worried. I felt bad. "Daddy, I love you so much. I promise you, I'll be okay." I replied back to him. His eyebrows changed form, and he squinted at me. "You realize your mother used to say the same thing to me, look at her now. She's  a vampire. We don't want this for you or Alyssa. So you bettee do more than promise. I don't trust Kol, he's a selfish dick." My father said. Okay, I pissed him off. I just kept my mouth shut the rest of the way. He parked the car by the curb, and looked at me as if he wanted me gone. "I'll be quick." I said, as I got out and closed the door. I walked in the store, and instantly found what I was looking for. It was a little black dress that came just a little bit above my knees. I bought it, and within five minutes, was back in the car. Dad and I didn't say anything the way back, but when we did get home, it was already four thirty. I panicked. Thirty minutes until Kol comes. I got ready as quickly as I possibly could. I heard a doorbell. Crap, I wasn't ready yet. Alyssa walked past my room "I'll stall him sis." She said. I loved my sister sometimes. It took me about fifteen more minutes, I felt really bad. I came down the stairs, and Alyssa was talking to Kol about, I don't honestly even know. He stood up and smiled right at me. Alyssa just walked away smiling. "I'm sorry I took so long." I said to Kol. "No need to apologize love. You look absolutely stunning." Kol said to me, as he stroked my cheek. I smiled. "Well, I suppose we should get going now." He said, opening the door for me. Kol and I walked out into the night together. He opened the car door for me, then got into the drivers side, and we drove off. We were really quiet in the car, and finally after a while, we were there. He smiled at me, as he opened both the car door, and the door to Grill. We got a seat, and I ordered something unmessy, and something that didn't require a knife, to help dad worry less. We talked abd laughed all night. "Your sister is really something." He said to me. "Yeah, she isn't afraid to get what she wants." I said back. He looked at me then asked, "Are you afraid to get what you want?" I paused for a moment. "No. I guess I'm not. She just, does things different than I do. I go for what I want, she plays hard to get." Kol looked at me again. His eyes were really beautiful. "And what is it that you want?" I remember the story mom told me, about uncle Damon and her, how they first met. I smiled, and said to Kol "I want love. I want a love that is passionate. I want an adventure. I want a little danger, but not too much, my dad worries. I want to feel safe." Kol smiled at me, and responded, "darling, I can give you all of that, and so much more. If you'll let me. I know your father, he knows me. He probably has bad impressions, but I want you to know that when I first saw you, my heart grew a million times bigger that day. I needed to get to know you. I want to know you Jamilla. I want to give you everything you have ever wanted. I want you all to myself. I want to show you off to the world." I looked at Kol, absolutely speechless. No guy has ever said that to me before. "Kol, I feel safe when I'm around you. You make me feel safe, and that's something I want." I answered. He looked up at me and smiled. He placed his hand on top of mine. Our gaze ended when he saw the time. "Oh, I suppose I should get you home." He held his hand out, and I took it, smiling as he pulled me up. We walked out and he got the doors again. Our ride was quiet again, but he felt comfortable enough to grab my hand. I held Kol's hand the entire way home. We pulled into the drive way, and Kol got the door again. "I had a ball with you Jamilla. Thank you for going out with me." I smiled. "Thank you for inviting me Kol. I gope we can do this again." He smiled. "We most definitely can." He replied to me, then as we got up to my door, he took my hands. I stopped before going inside. He gazed at me. "You're truly beautiful. Always remember that, darling." He said to me, stroking my cheek. I smiled at him. He smiled back, then he slowly leaned in, and he placed a gentle, soft kiss on my lips. "Goodnight Jamilla." He whispered into my ear. He turned and walked toward his car. I opened the door quietly, but dad was awake waiting. "I'm sorry for earlier sweetie. I got too overprotective." He said, as he made his way to me, giving me a hug. "I love you dad. I always will." He smiled at me. "I love you too." He said quietly. We released from the hug and  I made my way toward my room. Wow. What a night. As I laid in my bed, I thought about last night. I thought it was the greatest night of my life, I was wrong. I'm in love with Kol Mikaelson. I let that thought sink into my head, as I closed my eyes and fell asleep.