Chapter 1

"Wake up, Abbygail, you're gonna be late for school!" I stifled a yawn and checked my alarm clock. Goodness, it was 7.30 a.m. already! I jumped out of bed, washed my face, changed, and ran down the stairs. "Now you know the feeling of being late," Mum teased. Hurriedly, I grabbed a slice of bread and put on my shoes. "Bye, Mum!" "Bye, sweetie! Did you bring your music books?" I stopped and checked my bag. "Aw, shucks!" I sweared under my breath. Without taking off my shoes, I ran up to my bedroom and grabbed all the books I needed to use for my piano lesson at Curtis after school. Then I ran all the way to school.

     When I reached school, I was panting. I saw Cosette, my best friend, waiting for me. "Hey, lazybum! Why're you so late today?" she asked as we walked to our lockers. "Sorry. Overslept." I was sweating all over, and several students were staring at me. "It's okay, since you're a straight A's student, I'm sure the principal wouldn't do anything if you were late," Cosette said playfully. I just rolled my eyes and kept on walking.

      Suddenly,someone bumped into us. His books fell all over the place. "Oh, I'm so sorry, I just -" "Never mind, we got you," Cosette cut the person off. I kneeled down to help the person pick up his books. "Thanks," the person smiled. It was a guy. A new student, I guess. He was very tall, around six feet. Somehow his face looked familiar. I felt Cosette nudge me. "Hey. He's left. Let's go." I shook my head to clear my thoughts and walked to my locker. Maybe it was just my imagination. Or not?