My Situation Is Explained

"No," I whispered. This couldn't be happening. Not now. Not when I was so close. The adrenaline I'd been running on left my system with a whoosh and I sagged to the ground like an old pair of clothes.

That was how they found me. Crumpled on the floor, chest heaving with my arms hugging my legs to me and my head buried in my knees. I hated this feeling. I wanted it to go away. My head was pounding and I really needed some chocolate.

"You sure know how to keep a boy occupied." Harry puffed, running a hand through his hair which was damp with sweat. "That was quite a chase."

I glared at him but it was weak. You can't glare when you're upset and exhausted. It just fails.

Niall sat down beside me and tried to put his arm around my shoulder, but I pushed it away. He just shrugged and leaned his head against the once beautiful door that was now just a vision of shattered hope.

"I just want to go home," I whispered into my knees.

"Come on, let's go back to our room and we'll explain everything." Harry said, holding out his hand for me to take. I looked at it blankly and got to my feet myself. My vision swam and I had to clutch the wall to keep from falling. The throbbing in my head had increased by a thousand and I gripped my hair in pain. Zayn looked worried and came over to try and help me.

"I'm fine," I said, brushing him off. "Just....give me a minute." I massaged my temples and it helped a little. Harry started to walk away so I followed him, Niall and Zayn bringing up the rear. Probably to stop me from running away again. Yeah right. I had a pounding headache and no energy. If I did run, I wouldn't get far. Probably not even ten steps.

When we got back to the hotel room, they sat me in this sickly pink chair with a ton of cushions. I threw all of them to the floor, then curled up with my arms around my legs. I looked at Harry expectantly. Liam was sitting on the couch opposite, holding a bag of frozen peas to his groin. He shot me a dirty look, but I ignored it.

"I guess I should start from the beginning," Harry said, sitting on the edge of one of the couches so he was facing me.

"Well, duh! It's not like you're gonna start in the middle or something." I said. Even when I was like this, I still have my sarcasm! I heard a cough from Liam that may or may not of sounded a lot like Loser! I replied with my own that may or may not of sounded a lot like Bastard!

"Anyway...." Harry interrupted, glaring at Liam then looking back at me. "This all began after the concert last night when we were exiting backstage. I don't know what you were doing there but I somehow managed to hit you with the door and knock you out. In a panic, we brought you back here and we were discussing what to do when you opened the door and started yelling at us. I'm sorry for what I did. It was just that the situation was so crazy, it was laughable. I tried to apologize, but you threw me out. We were going to tell you everything when you woke up, but you ran off before we could." He said, all in one breath.

"Well, what would you do if you were me? You wake up, not knowing where the heck you are and find that five boys have kidnapped you." I retorted. "So when am I allowed to go home?"

"We've decided that you can go when we leave New Zealand. So, about a week."

"A week?! You have got to be kidding me.... You're expecting me to stay trapped in this room for a week?!" I exclaimed. This is crazy, I have to be dreaming. Wake up! Wake up! I pinched myself but all that happened was a stinging sensation in my arm like I'd gotten an injection. Dammit.

"You don't have to stay in this very room. You have the whole hotel to wander around. We hired it out so we could just relax without having to worry about disturbing anyone else. Also, we've told the cook that you're a distant cousin Liams." Harry told me, pointing over to the 18 year old boy who was still glaring at me.