In the garden

I hate dead kids. Not because I'm afraid or sth, but because I feel guilty. Ashamed. Because some adult individual did sth so terrible to a child. To four actually...
I knelt down and said 'Hi Im  from the Neutro Labs. I came to help you. What d'you want me to do?' the huge Cuban guy looked at me and gave me the white uniform 'First put it on. Can you take medical samples? Like body fluids, or parts of skin?' 'Sure'I said.'Where do you want me to start?'
'Take the small one. Be careful and exact. Everything must be bagged and tagged as V1 and numbered." he explained.' Shall I  start with V1 e#01?' I asked. He looked surprised. 'Yeah... Let's start. The sooner the better. The view and the smell is hard enough to breathe, let's not stay here longer than we have to. By the way- I'm Ian.'
'Lee.' I simply said and we started.
-----------------
4 hours later I was done. Took body fluids- lots of them, trace, some substances from the boy's t-shirt and fingerprints- watched carefully by Ian. Packed everything and let the ME take the body away. Then I marked the last evidence- V1 e#23. Whole lotta stuff. Ian took it to his car. 'Thanks Lee. Nice working with you.Have you done this before?' yes yes! 1000 times!!! I thought.
'No, not really' I answered instead.
'Were going to grab some beer after we wash and dress properly. You wanna join?'
'Sure, why not? Let's meet in the pub ok? 'So see you there' he said and left. I took my things to the car and went straight back to the lab. I needed a drink. Badly.

At the lab there was Thomas of course.Waiting for me, looking like a million dollars.No sign of vomits.  'How did it go?Were you of any help?'
'Good. Im tired. Can we discuss it tomorrow? Please? ' I said
' Come on, Thomas, he's barely standing' I've heard Allie's voice. There she was. Black dress with no sleeves, high heels. Smelling with "Chanson". Oh god... I instantly blushed on the thought I got into my head. Easy, man, you're not a teenager anymore.
So- she's meeting this dick...well. Better than me for sure. I turned around and went into the showers. I was only wearing my jeans, barefoot when she entered.'Sorry I didn't mean to interrupt,I just wanted to ask how bad this was.'What am I supposed to tell you Allie?I got the youngest- 3 or 4yo toddler.
Bad. Very bad. But someone had to do it'. 'How did you manage ?'
'I pretended not to think that it's a child. Imagined a simple body to examine. That's all '
She came closer. Put her hand on my cheek and said 'thank you. I wouldn't be able to do it. Thank you ,that you went there instead of me' she looked at me quickly with sad eyes. 'See you tomorrow'. Then she turned round and left. I still felt her fingers on my face. I thought what it would be like to touch her face like this. Or arm, or... No,no. She's not yours and she's too young. And she's aparently taken.
I need a drink. I took a quick shower and rushed to the pub.

'