FOUR | CALL

ONE DAY EARLIER

INCOMING CALL FROM LULA

"Mani," Júlia, said. Mar groaned at the other end of the line, she hadn't been able to fall asleep the previous night due to her constant worrying and she dreaded waking up today. "Como estas?"

"Eh," Mar replied.

"Are you nervous for tomorrow? I just called to wish you good luck and also to remind you that hi, hello, you have a sister. Come visit once in a while," Júlia said. Mar rolled her eyes, she was going to visit for a few days after attending the fashion show with Phoebe. But that was supposed to be a surprise. 

"We'll see, I might disown you," she replied.

"I should have disowned you years ago!"

"I should have done it first when you kept borrowing my clothes and ruining them!" There was a short silence as Mar rolled out of bed and walked towards the restroom.

"Your clothes were and still are better than mine," Júlia argued. She let out a sigh. "Anyway, don't be a stranger. I miss you."

"I miss you too."

"Now quit eating so much cheese and bread," Júlia said. Mar allowed herself another eye roll before hanging up the phone. She felt a little more at ease with her sisters call, she repeated a phrase under her breath, everything will be fine.

"Everything will be fine," she said. 

And Mar believed it.

For a second, at least.