Episode 17- Serenade

"I'll get it!" Niall offered, smiling brightly at Zayn before jumping of off Zayn, heading towards the front door. He peeked through the peep-hole, fearing that it might be Louis and to his surprise, it was him, but he was with Harry, and in front of them, are two tall police man. Feeling something was gravely wrong, he immediately opened the door. 

"Nialler," Louis breathed out anxiously. 

"Mr. Niall Tomlinson?" one of the officer spoke in a lazy voice "You are hereby arrested for using false citizenship document and being a citizen of the United Kingdom illegally. Please come with us and bear that anything you say will be used against you in court," 

"W-What? T-T-This has got to be some misunderstanding," Niall stuttered as his heart beats faster and faster.  

"Don't worry Niall, I will get you out of this mess," Louis piped in.  

"What do you mean my husband is here illegally," A deep voice spoke beside him, wrapping his arm around Niall's waist, bringing him closer.  

"Husband?!" Harry and Louis shrieked in unison. 

"Yes,.."Zayn replied calmly "Husband,"  

*** 

"Remember, make sure you'll be there three weeks from today, or we'll come get you, and trust me, that won't be pretty," The slightly plump police officer warned him. 

"Got it, officer," Zayn replied on Niall's behalf because he still couldn't find his voice, stood frozen behind Zayn's tall figure, gripping his t-shirt tightly. After Zayn ushered the two officers out of the apartment, closing the door abruptly and immediately turns around, hugging the trembling boy. 

"Wha,..What's happening Zaynie?" Niall asked shakily, burying his face in Zayn's chest. First and foremost, he didn't understand what the hell just happened, secondly, Louis is in Zayn's apartment, and thirdly he learned that if doesn't show up at the court three weeks fro now, they're going to ship him off where he 'belong'. 

"This has to be a mistake,...we'll fix it babe," Zayn replied, as he wraps his arm around Niall, kissing on top of Niall's hair. 

"I-I'm your husband now?" Niall squeaked. 

"Don't you remember your own husband?" Zayn asked teasingly, earning a groan from Niall. 

"I'm serious Zayn!" 

 "It had to be done babe. Come on,....I think your brother wants to talk to you," 

"But I don't want to talk to him," Niall grunted "M'not ready yet," 

"He's worried about you,...and I'm sure he misses you," Zayn coaxed as he lead them back to the hall of the apartment. Harry was pacing around the hall while Louis was studying the court papers on the sofa. He had to squint his eyes a tad because he didn't bring his glasses but when he saw his little brother entered the living room, he immediately pushed the papers away. 

"Nialler,..." Louis spoke softly, looking at Niall straight in his eyes but somehow managed to send a small glare at Zayn who has on arm wrapped around Niall's waist. 

"I'll uhh...I'll leave you guys to talk...I'll be in the kitchen if you need me," Zayn spoke the second sentence at Niall and slowly  made his way to the kitchen. 

"I need something to drink so I'm coming with you," Harry spoke, swiftly following Zayn to the kitchen, leaving Niall standing awkwardly in the middle of the small hall. Louis stood up awkwardly, not knowing how to approach his brother. He cleared his throat awkwardly before talking.