A Late Night

Hi guys! Hope you are enjoying the story, I'm really loving writing about these two! I know this one is a bit shorter than others, but I split a bigger part into two parts so the next one will follow. Thanks for reading! :) ~ H

*******************

The feast lasted several hours before it began to quieten down. Men lay half-conscious across the wide, wooden tables and sprawled across the floor. The Lords and Ladies were required to stay until the end, with exceptions of the younger children.

Deciding enough was enough, Eddard Stark stood and began to push his way out from the table. Lady Stark also stood, as well as mother who I followed.

I looked down at my dress as I lifted it and began to walk, following mother down from the raised platform and past the drunken men towards the exit.

I felt a gentle pull on my arm, keeping me inside the now quiet hall. I spun, my hair sharply flicking as I moved hastily. It was Robb Stark who held me. I smiled at him, feeling surprised at his sudden appearance and, now I had gotten over my initial anxiety, it was nice to see him.

I wondered if he would finally break the silence and mention the marriage, but instead he said something rather unexpected. “Eliah.” He spoke ever so softly, I barely even heard him over the sound of my racing heartbeat. I hoped he couldn’t hear it. “Would you like to finish the tour?” I watched his face, his smile was there but I could tell his question was serious.

“It is rather late…” I said, feeling rather ridiculous. He still held my arm in a tender grip. “It won’t take long.” His face saddened as he spoke pleadingly. How could I resist? “Let’s finish the tour then.” I said smiling, hoping he’d cheer up again.

I hadn’t known him long, but it was heartbreaking to see him disappointed. His shoulders fell back and relaxed when I spoke, and his smile returned.