The Watch Tower

As he lead me outside I was surprised to see how quickly the courtyard had emptied. There must have been over a hundred men in our party and they had all… vanished. However, the blacksmith was still working, children were playing and several guards were shooting arrows.

The evening was coming in slowly but it was still light and the snow continued to fall. We walked slowly through the cold afternoon air; Robb was slightly ahead of me as he was leading the way, his hand resting upon the hilt of his sword.

We were silent for a while - I don’t think either of us knew what to say - but his smile had disappeared, leaving that cold, sad looking face of the Starks that I’d heard so much about. I watched him as he walked, heavy and confident. His auburn hair slightly curly and dark, despite being a Stark he still obtained his mother’s Tully look. He was very tall for his age; I certainly wouldn’t have guessed that he was only seventeen.

“This is the Watch Tower.” Said Robb, turning to face me. I looked away quickly but he obviously realised I was looking at him as his smile returned. I awkwardly nodded and pretended to study the tower while he went on to tell me about the history of Winterfell.

- - -

By the time we’d been around most of Winterfell's keep, evening was upon the north and the cold was creeping in. As we passed the great doors to the main hall joking and laughing, a lonely knight stopped us. “Lady Tyrell, Lord Stark. The feast is soon to begin; your parents have been looking for you.” He said, addressing us both.

Our smiles faded, and Robb was suddenly serious once more. “Ser Jory, escort Lady Tyrell to her room.” The man nodded and slowly trailed away, waiting for me to follow.

Robb turned to me then, his smile not as big as before but still there. “I’ll see you at dinner.” He said, dipping his head in respect and swiftly departing.