How Far I'll Go

Prompt: This one's shamelessly based on 'How Far I'll Go' and 'Where You Are' from Moana. The reader is Bruce's half-Atlantean daughter who he keeps away from the ocean. The ocean has always called to her and she had no idea why until her father finally comes clean as to who she is.

"I thought I'd find you up here." Dick said startling. You let out a shriek and almost fell out of the tree branch you were sitting perched on but Dick reached out and stabilized you.

"Don't sneak up on me like that asshole!" You cried punching your brother square in the chest. He flinched and rubbed the sore spot that you had just created.

"Ow! It's not my fault you were too in your own little world to hear me coming. I was calling your name for like five minutes before I spotted you." He replied defensively. "What are you even doing up here anyway?" He asked.

"Just thinking." You sighed and turned your gaze back out to what had your mind preoccupied. From high up in this tree you had the perfect little nook that gave you a clear view of Gotham City and the rivers surrounding the island that flowed into the wide blue ocean that expanded beyond the bay. You often stared at the sun's blinding glint across the water's surface and wondered what lay below it's depths. The line where the sky met the sea seemed to call out to you but you never knew how you could answer that call. You were absolutely mesmerized by the ocean but it was the one place that alway seemed to be kept just outside of your reach.

"Earth to [Y/N]." Dick called waving his hand in front of your eyes. "You disappeared again."

"Sorry." You mumbled.

"Well anyway, Dad wants to talk to you. You should probably go inside." Dick said before climbing down the tree. He stopped at the base of the tree and looked back up to you. "Are you coming?" He called up. You took one last glance towards the sparkling sea before descending from the tree.

"Yeah, yeah. Don't get your panties in a wad."

"You wanted to see me Dad?" You asked, peeking your head into the study where he was working on some paperwork. Your dad glanced up and smiled proudly at you. He set his paperwork down and rounds the desk before putting his hands firmly on your shoulders and gazing directly in your eyes.

"[Y/N], you are my daughter and I would stop at nothing to keep you safe but I think it's time you knew the truth about our family." He said leading you towards the tall grandfather clock.

You're heart sped up, absolutely sure that this would be the moment that your father finally opened up and talked about your mother. For as long as you could remember he would always avoid talking about her and when you asked he quickly changed the subject. You loved your father but you had an undeniable desire to know about the missing half of you.

Your father reached out and opened up glass protecting the clock face and moved the hands of the clock to a specific time. The old clock rung once before it swung open to reveal a dark passageway.

This was not what you were expecting.

Your father motioned for you to follow him down the passage and you apprehensively stepped into the dark corridor. When you reached the end of the corridor it opened up into a large cavern that was covered with platforms that held everything above the water below. You took in your surroundings noticing everything from the supercomputer to the cars and the giant T-Rex. In the corner you saw a row of display cases that held costumes that were emblazoned with a familiar bat insignia that often lit up the night sky above Gotham without fail each night. Your father is ...

"Batman." You whispered. "You're Batman." You stated. Your father nodded once and placed his hand on your shoulder.

"I should have told you sooner, I know. I wanted to keep you out of this world for as long as possible but I think it's time you are allowed to make your own choices." He said. "You and your siblings are Gotham's future, [Y/N]. Your brothers have chosen to walk this path with me and if you decide that this is what you want I will gladly teach you everything I know."