Chapter 3: Community Service

Louis's POV:

             Rays of sunlight slips through the window waking me up "Fuck! I'm late great!" I curse out the morning light as I jolt up my bed.  I put on the closest layers of clothes I see around whether they are dirty or clean to put on, I don't really give a shit right now. I put on my Van's  and opened the curtain wide open. 

            "Shit! You're still here?"

            "Oh! I didn't think, you were expecting me to really leave that early in the morning its only 9:30am." she says holding a sizzling pan in one hand and in the other one a plate with food on it.

            "I made you breakfast. I wanted to say how sorry I am, and to thank you for last night. You know for taking me in." her words come out in short sentences one after the other.

            "I didn't mean it like that its just I am already late and I'm sorry -"  I run my long fingers through my hair.

            "But.."

            "I'm sorry just close up after you leave" I say waving my hand in the air as I  close the door shut right behind me.

                                 --------------------------------------------------------

            "Where the hell have you been Tomlinson?" says the parole officer along with our probation worker.

            "I'm sorry I missed my usual train and I got off at the wrong station on my way here"

            "Yea right. Well let it be the first and last time Tomlinson. I got my eyes on you boy, you know where I would be glad to take  you to,  into that cell mate"

            "Prick" I snarl under my breath.

            "What did you say boy?" the parole officer Thomas stands in front of me he is short, fat, and bald. He thinks intimidates me but he can't even intimidate a fly.

            "Nothing Sir" I coughed. LIES.

            "I thought so" he says roughly as he leaves through the double doors from the community service building.  

            "Well, Tomlinson if you want to get out of here you better start cleaning those windows, I don't think that graffiti is going clean itself up!" Shaun our probation worker throws an orange towel at me as I caught in my hand.

                                           ________________________________________

            "I really can't wait to get out of this fucking dump" I say to my mate Curtis as we both grab our orange community service jumpsuits.

            "For real, this whole cleaning after other people's shit is killing my back man. Dude I just cleaned this same spot two days ago and some bastards decided to come back and spray this shit again." Curtis slams the window who are still covered in all colors of spray-paint.

            "Yea. I could barely sleep last night. I think I came to knock myself out maybe like an hour before I realized that I was running late today eh"

            "Were you banging some chick or something?" he grins as he looks up at me with the most mischievous look in his face.

            "Nah mate not at all not last night though. I kind of saved her life twice I think that girl is bound to die or something. She keeps getting in all sorts of shit"

            "Ey maybe your supposed to be her hero. If you don't, I'll show her my super powers."

            "You're disgusting! Get back to work man. The less time we spend here the better! I can't wait to start new. This shit is getting old don't you think?"  I chuckle at his dark sense of humor.

            "Whatever! You know you  will always fall back again in probation,  once you are in there's no way out and you know that!" Curtis throws his towel down and hands us both a cigarette. I take it and light it up as take a breathe it in and see the end as it ignites, with crumbles of nicotine slowly flying in the air. I would like to say that he is wrong but he is so right, the thoughts consume me as my eyes drift on to the horizon across the street.

                                         ______________________________________

Ella's POV:

            I can't believe he left me there standing with no explanations at all, after I spent all my morning making breakfast for him. This is why I never apologize for things, people are ungrateful in the first place anyways.

            There is nothing really to do here, and I really don't even know his side of town. My body has been feeling ill lately because of the change in the weather and unhealthy appetite. Maybe I should just sleep it off. I lay back down in the couch as I pull the covers all the way up and fall into a deep sleep.

*Flashback starts*

            "Stop you're hurting me!" I screamed.

            "You little bitch you are a nobody. And you never will be! I gave you everything, you are so ungrateful!" the man shouts slapping me across my face multiple times. His fingers are burning my skin with every hit I receive. The woman in front of me stops him but she is quickly smack down to the floor in front of me.

            "Please don't!" she begs, her face stained with tears. "Take it out on me not her" fresh blood drips from the corner of her bottom lip.

            "Get out and never come back!" he shouts at me as he angrily snarls, it was like seeing a possessed spirit in front of me. Nothing but darkness in his eyes, and there was even more in mine.

            I sprint out of that evil house running for my life. My heart beating so fast I could feel every thump of my heart beat as I ran. I looked back as a high pitched scream pierced through my ears. One after the other a flying back hand smacked who I used to once call my "mother". She was the only woman I had ever known.  

            "You! What are you doing all alone?!" a stranger's voice shouted down the dark alley.

            "No! Leave me!" I pleaded.

*End of Flashback*

            "NO!!" I shout as I gasp for breaths of air waking me up from my nightmare. I am woken up in with patches of sweat all over my body from it.

            "I'm okay, its just a horrible nightmare. I'm Okay" I reassure myself multiple times, as I bury my hands deep in my jean pocket taking out a bag with pills. I run to the kitchen grabbing a glass of water, with trembling hands I take three of them, and drink them instantly.  The world is different now I find some kind of comfort where suddenly all my pain has been pushed back somewhere in the back of my mind and I feel free. I can breath, I sit with my back against the refrigerator door and slide down to the floor staring at the blank space in front of me.  I see a blurry image in front of me but I can't longer make out who it is, where I am, and most of all who I am.