Getting Ready: Part 2

*(Courtney's POV)*

     "Court, you need to sit still and straight if you want me to do this!" Heather said to me through gritted teeth.  She was trying to do my makeup. 

     "Heather, that's too dark!  And don't yell at her, she's stressed!" Bridgette exclaimed. 

     "I can speak for myself thank you very much, now let me see!" I say, pushing them aside and looking into the vanity mirror.  Heather's given me two smokey eyes with a pale red lip.  "Heather!  It's too dark!  This may work for you, but it doesn't work for me!"  My eyes begin to water. 

     "Told you so," Bridgette says, putting her hands on her hips.  "Court, don't tear up!  You'll ruin your makeup!"

     "Well, if it's just so bad, why don't you do it?" Heather asks with a hint of venom in her voice. 

     "I'm trying to do Court's hair though!"

     "Bridgette, do my makeup!  And Heather, you do my hair!" I yell.  They both look at me startled and get in different positions.  Bridgette begins to use makeup remover and wipe off the layers of makeup Heather had just applied. Heather takes down my hair and brushes it gently. She starts weaving strands over and under in and out all around to create the image she has inside of her magnificent brain. Honestly I can't wait to see what she does. Bridgette wipes the last of it off and works on my eyelids. She says I don't need foundation, powder, or blush. I guess I will have a natural glow already in front of everyone for the ceremony. My mind starts wandering until the sound of Heather's phone ringing snaps me back.

"Bridge, can you hand me my phone?" Heather asks, pointing to the counter of the vanity. Her phone is right beside the makeup that Bridgette is using.

"You're lucky I was just going to apply a different shade," Bridgette replies, handing Heather the phone.

"Thanks," Heather says before holding the strands of my hair with one hand and answering her phone with the other. "What do you want, Alejandro? I'm trying to do Courtney's hair here!"

"Ooh put him on speaker!" Bridgette and I both shout whisper. Heather deviously smiles and hit the speaker button as she shakes her head.

"Mi amor, I have a question. Should I wear my hair down or in a ponytail?" asks a certain mischievous voice. 

"Well, since you're Duncan's best man, wear your hair in a ponytail. You need to look sharp and polished, not rough and sexy." Heather replies into the phone with edge as she tugs my hair slightly. Bridgette and I try to stifle our giggles.  Heather blushes and adds, "Did I say sexy? I meant slimy."

"Oh Heather, we're dating. You can admit your attractions to us." Alejandro's laugh can be heard through the phone.

"Us? Am I on speaker?" Heather demands. Bridgette and I "oooh" and laugh some more. 

"What? No, I would nev-" Alejandro's voice says before Heather hits the 'end call' button on the phone.  She then rolls her eyes, puts her phone in my lap, which Bridgette puts back on the table, and returns to doing my hair. 

     "Isn't that kind of hypocritical since you had him on speaker?" I ask with a laugh.

     "Ha!  What he doesn't know won't hurt him.  It's good to keep him on his toes." Heather laughs. 

"You've got that right!" Bridgette says, returning the laugh. I can't help but smile. Why? Because I couldn't agree more. Because I'm happy. Because I'm surrounded by my friends. And the best part? They're not fake.