Taste Testing: Part 2

*Duncan's POV*

     "Ready to do this again?" Courtney asks as we get in the car.  Yesterday was cake testing and today is figuring out the whole menu.  Since our wedding is in the morning, our meal's going to be something more along the lines of brunch like finger sandwiches, toast, jelly and butter spreads, bacon, soups, fluffy pastries, and such. 

     "Apparently," I answer.  My stomach is still a little stuffed from eating all that cake yesterday and then eating some of the leftovers this morning.  I don't think people are supposed to have that much cake within twenty-four hours...  Oh well.

     "I know, my stomach is a little upset too, but we only have a few more weeks and we have to get this done or we won't get a meal at our reception." explains Courtney.

     "Yeah, I know.  Weddings are so much work," I say with a laugh.

     "I know," she laughs.

     "But, you're worth the work."

     "Aww Duncan!" she exclaims, hitting my arm.  She's blushing a little bit too.  Man, Court is just so adorable.  "You are too."

"Did the CIT just compliment me?" I ask with mock surprise.

"Whatever," Courtney rolls her eyes. "We're getting married, I can compliment my amazing fiancé if I want to."

"So you want to," I say, waggling my eyebrows.

"Duncan... We're on a errand. Save the seduction for later," Courtney argues with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Same goes for you then, Princess." I wink at her and she slaps my shoulder again.

     Eventually we pull up to the catering place that Courtney and our wedding planner set up to meet with.  It's a pretty big building.  We walk in and see a skinny blonde talking to some guy in a chef's uniform behind the counter.  She turns and sees us. 

     "Sammy, hi!" greets Courtney, waving as she walks over to the woman.  Oh, that must be our wedding planner...  I head over in their direction and the two already seem to be in a deep conversation.  Women...

     "Hello, I'm Sammy." she says, offering me her hand to shake.  "You must be Duncan."

     "Yep, that would be me." I answer, shaking her hand. 

     "Now, I'm here to help with the picking of the menu, since I'll be in charge of taking care of the wedding.  This is Devon and he will be taking care of your wedding." Sammy continues as she motions towards the guy behind the counter.  Devon is a real big guy, not like heavy or anything, but built and tall, almost like a football player.  He's dark complected and has very short dark brown hair.  This Devon guy looks insanely familiar...

     "Hey, guys.  I'm Devon, but you can call me DJ if you want," says Devon.  DJ... DJ? Wait a minute! I knew he looked familiar!  What are the chances?!  I haven't seen DJ in years!  Not since World Tour...

     "DJ?!" asks Courtney.  She seems to have realized who he is too.  "Is it really you?"  At first he looks a little confused, but after a few seconds his face registers a hint of recognition.

     "Courtney?!" DJ asks.  Then he looks at me.  "Duncan?!"

     "Yes, these are you clients, Courtney and Duncan.  You know, the couple that's getting married?" Sammy clarifies, clearly oblivious to what's really going on.

     "You guys are getting married?!  Man, that's so great!" DJ exclaims, getting teary eyed.  Then, he comes out from behind a counter and wraps Courtney and I in a huge bear hug.  "It's so nice to see you guys and that you're happy."