Off to See the Wedding Planner

*Courtney's POV*

"Just think!" starts Heather as Bridgette drives the three of us all over the place for wedding preparations. I'm in the passenger seat and Heather is alone in the back. Surprisingly, she's not upset about not getting shotgun and she won't stop talking in an excited tone. How weird... "In less than a month, I will be the only one of this trio that isn't married! Honestly, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing though..."

Bridgette and I look at each other. Practically everyone but Heather knows that Alejandro plans on proposing soon. Given how clever Heather is, I'd think she'd know what he's doing. After all, they are living together. Al actually hasn't really been at their apartment a lot during the day though because of his work as a government agent.  In fact, both Heather and Alejandro are government agents.  Their whole job description is completely unknown to me however.  Maybe that's a good thing...

     "Um, why are you guys looking at each other like that?" asks Heather, raising a suspicious eyebrow.  "Are you hiding something from me?"

     "Oh.  No.  We're just thinking about how weird it is that it's been over a decade and Alejandro hasn't popped the question yet..." stutters Bridgette as she pulls into the parking lot of one of the first stops.

"It really is weird! I mean, come on, he definitely couldn't do any better than this," she says, making hand motions around her body. Bridgette and I both start giggling and Heather eventually joins into the chorus of laughter. We get out of the car and walk inside the small building looming ahead.

"Okay, people!" exclaims Heather, standing in front of us and clapping her hands. "We have many missions to do today. First off, we've got wedding colors to choose from! Time to meet up with the wedding planner!" As we walk in, a little bell rings to signify the employees that we're here. A smaller blond girl with big blue eyes walks up to us.

"Hello! I'm Same- er, um, Sammy," says the blond, offering up a hand. "How may I help you three?"

"Well, my name's Courtney Barlow and I'm here to meet with a wedding planner," I reply, shaking her hand.

"Oh! Miss Barlow! We talked on the phone. I'm your wedding planner for the event!" exclaims Sammy. She grabs a clipboard and leads the three of us to a group of plush chairs near the corner of the building.  "Okay!  So, first things first, since I already know the venue and such...what colors?"

     "Well, Duncan and I agreed on an off white cream, deep lilac, and olive green," I answer. Luckily Duncan and I agreed on the basics before this little meeting. Today Heather, Bridgette, and I will be doing the flowers, color scheme, dress, and more. When we get to the Bridal Shop, my mother and aunt will join us as I pick out the perfect wedding gown. Late Duncan and I will do the menu and the cake testing.

"Off white cream, deep lilac, and olive green... How unique and beautiful!" exclaims Sammy, jotting down notes on the forms on her clipboard. "Now for the flowers. What kind of bouquets and such do you want, so I can put in the order in time for the wedding?"

"White lilies and purple calla lilies, if possible." I say. Lilies are by far my favorite flower. When I was a kid, my family would go to our lake house and there would be lilies and waterlilies of all colors. I'd always pick them and breathe in their sweet scent before giving them to my mother. She'd put them in a tall translucent purple vase. There were also a lot of frogs that would chill on the lily pads and I'd play with them. I've always never been afraid to get my hands dirty, so I'd catch frogs and name them things like "Bob" or "Paul" or something while the other girls would play with Barbie dolls. That's probably why my favorite Disney movie is The Princess and the Frog. To be honest, I kind of had a lonely childhood. It was hard for me to make friends because I was so much more mature than most of my peers...

  It was hard for me to make friends because I was so much more mature than most of my peers

(The bouquet Courtney asked for⬆️)

"An excellent choice!" Sammy exclaims with a big toothy smile on her face.

After around two hours or so, me and the girls leave the wedding planner to head over to the Bridal Shop. I pull out my phone to text my mom and aunt to meet us at the Bridal Shop. I rest my arm on the car sine the windows are down, and stare out at the trees rolling past and the bright light coming of the afternoon sun. My mind wanders off as Heather rambles on about practically everything that's on her mind.

     "Courtney!" yells Heather, waving a pale hand in front of my face.  She and Bridgette are already out of the car and are waiting on me.

     "Oh, I'm coming," I reply with a nervous laugh.  I see the white and pink swirly letters on a decent sized tan building spelling out Bridal Shop.  There's a lot of colorful flowers planted and clematis vines climbing the building.  In the display windows on either side of the double doors, there are puffy white gowns on mannequins with intricate veils and tiaras.  Hopefully they have more than just white... I think to myself as I take a deep breath and enter the building.  We walk in and see a tall, thin, younger looking woman in a cream blazer and skirt with high nude heels.  She's got her black hair tied up tightly in a bun.  There's two other older looking women already talking to her.  All three of them look over at us when they hear the door open and close.  I catch a glimpse of the older women's faces and they run over and both give me a big hug.

     "Mom!  Aunt Rebekah!" I exclaim, recognizing their faces and voices. 

     "We definitely weren't gonna miss this!" Aunt Rebekah replies.  "I'm so happy for you, Courtney!"

     "Now let's find you the dress!" exclaims my mother.  All of us begin to search the many racks and hangers and shelves of all kinds of wedding gowns.  This could be a long day...