The Co-Pilot (26)

I managed to pull myself together for the race tonight, the details of which I got off Piper who wasn't exactly pleased with me but couldn't say anything because she was the one who told me to be careful around Noah. Around eight o'clock Calie and I pulled up at the strip of road in the warehouse district. 

When we got out of the car I had to admit I loved the eyes on us and I had worn what I had on for exactly that reason. Skin tight black leather jeans which could have been an extra layer of skin they were so tight, with a low cut top that was also tight to my skin. Calie had braided my hair back from back face.

My eyes landed on Noah and deja vu hit me in the wave as I remembered the first race i had attended and how Noah had been standing with two girls at his sides as he watched me. Tonight, however, he didn't have a girl - or two on his side, he was standing with his gang and watching me with a twinge of anger in his eyes. 

I walked over to the group with Calie by my side and smiled around the group, "Hey guys," 

"What are you doing here?" Noah asked, the hardness in his voice was impossible to miss. I felt my heart beat and i found myself wanted to run to him and say sorry for kicking him out this afternoon but i couldn't bring myself to do it. 

I smiled sweetly at him, "You invited me did you not?" 

He cocked a brow, "That was before -" He noticed that people were listening to our every word and shrugged, "Whatever." 

I turned to Calie and let out a breath before spotting the guy who takes the bets and telling her that I will be back. The race master was arrogant and reminded me so much of how Noah acted when i first met him that I almost cursed out lord as he was talking to me. One of Noah was enough, I need to have to deal with two of him. 

"Your names already down sugar." I cringed at the use of a pet name but his words made confusion rush through me before I looked over at Noah, who was already looking at me. He already wrote my name down because he knew I could be coming. 

Bloody Piper. 

I started walking back to the group when the guy yelled, "Cars ready," I groaned and changed course to my car and moved it into position. I stretched out my fingers and rolled my head side to side and was just about to give myself a pep talk when the passenger door to my car opened and Noah stepped into my car. 

"What are you doing?" I scrambled looking over to his group who were watching us. 

"I said I'd be your co-pilot so here I am." A smirk appeared on his face and I wanted to be angry at him but I couldn't. Not only should I have been angry at him for being here, but I should've been telling him to keep his distance because of breaking it off with him this afternoon but i couldn't bring myself to tell him to get out. 

I sighed, "That was before - whatever." I shrugged as I mimicked him and without even realizing what was happening, Noah had my head in his hands and was pulling my lips to his. 

It was slow and hot and made my skin light up, especially when his tongue ran along my bottom lip just before he pulled away. "I've wanted to do that since you got out of your car," He murmured, "because you look fucking good." 

I pulled away, trying to hide my brush but I couldn't with my hair braided back. "You are the worst influence." I said as some girl in half a dress walked out into the middle of the road. "Now, don't talk I need to concentrate." 

He put his seat belt on as he muttered, "I love a girl who's bossy." Which urge him a hit on the arm and a look before I tighten my hands on the wheel and took a deep breath in, as my eyes trailed the petite woman in the middle of the road. She smiled and held her arms in the air looking at the drivers.