The Surprise (30)

I drove to the police station, Willow cuffed to the back seat, her mouth was gagged as I drove as fast as I dared. She screamed behind the gag trying to pry my attention away from the road. I pulled up out the front of the station not even bothering to park properly. Willow struggled as I dragged her out of the car. There was something so feisty about Willow, like she was always ready to go for a round. She was always ready to brawl. 

Mackles looked up from his desk as I dragged Willow in, "I want her in a cell." I snapped, clicking my fingers at one of the deputies. 

"On what charge?" He questioned looking from Willow to me. 

"What charge? Let's see, how about assaulting a police officer, threatening a police officer, aiding and abetting a wanted criminal." The guys eyes widened, "Want me to go on? I can go on all day." My voice hardened as I stepped forward. 

"Liana, take a breath." Mackles said, nodding towards the deputy who then dragged Willow out of the room. "You're not going street on us, are you?" I sighed and sat down across from him, rubbing my hands down my face. 

"I don't know how much longer I can do this, Tony. I've been undercover for months and we've gotten no where. We still aren't any closer to bringing down Noah, or Vince or even my father." I shook my head, "I feel like I've lost myself in all this, I don't even know who I am anymore." I didn't know where I belonged, I didn't know if I could put on one of my old skirts when this was all over and go back to how I was before. I didn't know if I could just move on after this is all finished. 

"You know who you are? You are the same little girl that used to come with me on stake outs, you are the same girl who got the highest test score of the year at the academy, you are the same goofy girl that learnt to fight back against an abusive father, you are the same girl who looks after her mum despite everyone telling you, you couldn't. What you wear on the outside and the amount of makeup, or even your last name doesn't change who you are inside." He took my hand over the desk as my eyes started to sting. "Hell, Ana when this case is over, you'll probably never go undercover again and you'll never have to even think about this case." 

I smiled through the tears, "And I'll be a detective." 

He nodded, "You'll have more important things to worry about like finding murderers and dead bodies." I laughed, wiping the tears that escaped. "Now, take the night off to find who you are underneath, Liana. Go get wasted or something and don't worry about the Case." 

I stood, nodding to myself, I'd do exactly that. "Ah, Mackles I checked out Noah's storage locker, what's in there is going to need to be checked out." I explained what was in the storage unit, ad Mackles scribbled down the paper work. 

"I'll check it out and get back to you with the info if it's one of the missing cars, that's enough to get us a search warrant so be ready to move on Noah."  I couldn't help but hope that they didn't find anything, no matter what had happened between Noah and I. 

_____________

Around five O'clock that night, I pulled up outside of the Rivera house. Piper had promised me that Noah's wasn't going to be home, I hadn't pushed her on where he was going to be. I glanced up at the house praying that she was right. I got out with a small bag in tow that was full with clothes for tonight. When I reach the door, knocking and steeping back, my legs were jittery with nervousness. 

"Liana! You're finally here." I stopped short when a whole heap of people came into view all in nice, formal clothes. I fiddled with my sweater and tracksuit pants. I had my hair pulled up into a messy bun, and had no makeup on what's so ever. To say that I looked under dressed would be in understatement.