Chapter 3

Alright alright alright alright... So I have exams all of next week including 2 tomorrow and so I'm posting a new chapter because I have 12 hours until my first exam and instead of revising I'm spending that time posting and just preying to any god that will listen that I will miraculously remember everything when I look at the exam paper...

---------------------------------

Gavin's POV

I hear yelling, shouting and laughing from Geoff's room and I sigh. I take Grace into the garden, where there's a climbing frame, a swing set and a trampoline, I assume from when Geoff was younger. I sit Grace one of the swings and stand in front of her, pushing her gently while she giggles.

"Higher!" She yells and I laugh.

"Alright kiddo, but you need to hold on tight okay?" I say and she nods, gripping the chains tightly. I push her higher and she starts giggling again. After a few minutes I hear the back door open and hear Michael call,

"Hey Gav." He says and I slow Grace down to a stop, before turning around to see Michael walking towards me.

"What's up?" I ask, following grace over to the climbing frame.

"Just wondering how you're doing?" He asks and I sigh, watching Grace climb the ladder and putting my hand behind her back so she doesn't fall.

"Did Geoff make you come and check up on me?" I ask and he bites his lip guiltily.

"Well yeah, but I wanted to see how you are." He says smiling and I smile slightly and roll my eyes.

"I'm fine, Micool." I say and he smiles.

"Alright, Gav, well I'll see you later." I catch Grace at the bottom of the slide, picking her up and spinning her in circles. We walk hand in hand to the kitchen and see Laura standing by the fridge.

"Oh hey Gavin, hey Grace, I'm just trying to decide what to make for dinner." She says and I smile.

"Hey Laura, I'm game with anything to be honest, I'm kinda hungry." I say and she smiles.

"Alright well, how about we order pizza?" She asks and I smile.

"Yeah, sure." I say and walk up to Graces room.

We sit on the floor and she starts playing with her teddy.

"His name is Vav and he's a super bear!" She giggles, running around in circles holding out the bear like its flying. I laugh and grab her waist, falling onto my back and holding her up so it's like she's flying too and she giggles loudly. I smile at her and pretend to drop her before catching her again as she's about to hit my chest. I do this a few times while she laughs loudly and stop by lying her on my chest.

"Gavvy's tired Gracie." I announce and she sighs.

"Gracie's tired too Gavvy." She says yawning and sticking her thumb in her mouth, twirling her hair with her other hand. I smile.

"You wanna have a nap, little one?" I ask and she nods.

"Can you stay with me though?" She asks and I smile sadly, she's had nightmares since the accident, which is why I wanted her in my room in the first place.

"Course darlin." I pick her up and get her changed into a cream Winnie the pooh onesie and carry her into my room. She climbs on my bed and gets under the duvet and I smile.

"You sleeping in my bed, little one?" I ask and she nods. I chuckle and hand her teddy to her, sitting on the bed next to her. She snuggles into my lap, resting her head on my leg and I stroke her hair, sending her to sleep. After around 10 minutes I decide to call Dan and as soon as he answers the phone I grin.