Chapter 1

I'm back lads! So I wrote a new fan fiction... let's see how this turns out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Geoff! Come down here and meet your new brother and sister!" Geoff's mum shouts up the stairs and he rolls his eyes.

"All right guys, I have to go, I'll be back later." He says into his headset before turning off his Xbox and walking downstairs. He walks into the kitchen and sees his mum and dad sitting at the table and a boy his age sitting opposite them, a toddler on his lap. They both have blonde hair and very green eyes, his hair is kinda long and looks purposely messy, and her hair is wavy and in a ponytail.

"Geoff, this is Gavin and Grace." His dad says and Geoff smiles at them, sitting at the table.

"Hiya, Hows it going?" Geoff asks. He knew his parents were going to adopt another kid, considering they asked him if he was okay with it. They were only going to adopt Gavin but when they found out he had a little sister they didn't want to separate them. All Geoff knows about his new brother is that he's a few months younger than him, just turned 17, he's from England, and his parents died in a car crash that killed not only his mum and dad, but also his little brother. Geoff's new sister, Grace, is only 3, and very adorable. Geoff can tell by the way Gavin is holding her that he's very protective of her.

"Can you show Gavin and Grace their rooms?" Geoff's mum asks and he nods.

"Sure." Geoff smiles and stands up. Gavin stands up nervously and holds his sister on his hip.

"Erm, would it- would it be all right, if- Grace stayed in mine with me for a while?" Gavin stutters out nervously and Geoff's mum smiles.

"Of course sweetie," Mum says gently and their dad adds, "I'll move her crib in there now if you want?" Gavin nods.

"Thank you" He hesitates before following Geoff upstairs. They live in a big house, with 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a huge kitchen, a dining room, a front room, a study, a games room, a massive back garden and a garage. Each bedroom is a decent size as well, so fitting all of Gavin's stuff and Grace's bed in one room isn't a problem. Geoff walks up the stairs and stops when they get to the top. He points to the door at the very end of the right hallway.

"That's mum and dad's room," He says, then points to the next door along the hall, "Guest room," then the next, "bathroom," then the first door on the left side of the hall, "This is Graces room, the next one is yours, then mine at the end." Geoff says before opening the door to Graces room. The walls are a pastel yellow colour with flowers and butterfly's hand painted on by Geoff's girlfriend, Griffon. There are toys and stuff and a shelf full of books and a wardrobe, then finally her crib.

"You like it Gray?" Gavin asks his sister, smiling at her. It's the first time Geoff's heard him speak properly without mumbling and wow he sounds so British. Grace nods and Gavin goes to put her down but she clings on. Geoff  smiles at her before turning to Gavin.

"You wanna see your room now?" He asks and Gavin nods.

"Thank you." He says quietly and Geoff  smiles.

"You're welcome."

Geoff walks him to the next room and opens the door, revealing a big room with 3 darkish green walls and 1 black wall. There's a king size bed, a big bean bag, a desk and desk chair with an apple mac on top of it, a 40" TV with an Xbox one and PS4 on the table underneath it, a wardrobe and pretty much every video game for those consoles that you can think of.

"Wow!" Gavin whispers and Geoff looks over at him.

"You all right?" Gavin  nods.

"I've literally always wanted an Xbox one!" He says and Geoff grins.

"You play video games?" Gavin looks at Geoff like he's just asked the dumbest question ever.

"Of course," He says.

Geoff helps him bring up and unpack all of his stuff. Turns out he has an Xbox 360 and a PS3, along with at least 100 games. They unpack all of Grace's and his things and when they're done, Gavin unpacks his duffel bag. In it is a camera, a laptop, a phone, a few chargers, a chocolate brown teddy bear with the date 1999 on one foot, an identical one with 2007 written on the foot and another teddy with 2013 on one foot, similar to the first two, but light brown. He puts the first two on his bedside table, then hands the other one to Grace, who holds the teddy's hand so it hangs by her side. Gavin then sits on the edge of his bed and reaches into his backpack.

"Gracie, come here." He says softly and she runs over to him and stands in front of him. He puts a locket around her neck and smiles sadly.

"You all right, Gav?" Geoff asks gently, sitting next to him. He notices Gavin's wearing a locket identical to the one he put on Grace, but his chain also has two rings on it, as well as a dog tag. He shakes his head and lifts Grace onto his lap and pulls her into a hug as a tear falls from his eye. Geoff puts his arm around his shoulders.

"What's up?" He asks and Gavin sighs.

"Can I trust you?" He asks and Geoff smiles at him.

"Course Gav, I'm your brother." He says and Gavin nods, wiping his eyes.

"My mum- she gave Gray the locket when she was born, she's never worn it before because she was too young, and my mum had an identical one." He grabs the 4 things hanging from his necklace and opens the locket. Inside is a picture of a man and a woman smiling, then a picture of a man and a woman with a boy around 12 and a boy around 6 holding a baby girl. He then shows Geoff the rings, "My dads," he says holding out a nice black metal ring, "And my mums," he says holding out a beautiful diamond ring with a gold band. "This is for my brother," he says showing Geoff the dog tag. Geoff reads one side

Johnny Free

02.06.2007 - 15.05.2016

The other side is what looks like a child's writing that says 'You are my hero.' And a drawing of two stick men holding hands, one a lot bigger than the other. Geoff looks at Gavin, sympathy in his eyes.

"My brother wrote and drew that for me when he was 4 and had to write a letter to his hero." Gavin explains, and he starts crying onto Geoff's shoulder, "He wrote it to me. But I'm not a hero, I couldn't save him. I was in the car too, we all were. When the car crashed, I threw myself over Grace to cover her, but Johnny was in the middle of the car and we were in the back. The car slammed into the driver's side. Straight into my dad. Straight into Johnny. They died on impact. My mum was in a coma for a week before she died. I fractured my wrist, and Grace was fine." He sobs and Geoff sits him up.

"Gav, you are a hero. You saved your baby sister. You can't save everyone." He says and Gavin nods, sniffing.

"You wanna play video games?" Geoff asks and he nods again, so they go into Geoff's room and play GTAV for a while whilst Grace plays in her room. After playing for a few minutes Geoff gets an Xbox message from Michael. He opens it and see a picture of him and Ray laughing and sticking up their middle fingers at the camera with the message, "We beat you at cops v crooks!" Geoff laughs and turns to Gavin.

"Those are two of my friends, Michael and Ray." He points out each one, "You can meet them at school." He add and Gavin nods. Just then their dad walks in.

"Hey guys, just wanted you to know, Gavin, the crib is in your room. Do you want me to put Grace to bed?" He asks and Gavin shakes his head.

"No thank you it's fine." He says politely.

GAVIN'S POV

I get off of Geoff's bed and say goodnight to him before picking up the half asleep Grace and carrying her to my room. I change her into her pyjamas and put her in her crib gently and remove her necklace, laying it on my bedside table, and handing her her teddy. She lies down and I tuck the blanket around her.

"Goodnight angel, I'll see you in the morning," I say turning on her night light that reflects stars onto the ceiling.

"Night, Gavvy." She whispers. I get changed into pyjama bottoms,take off my t-shirt, put my phone on charge, turn off the light, and climb under my duvet, falling asleep almost instantly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soooooo...... been a while since I last posted anything, huh? Hope y'all liked that chapter and stuff :) I love ya <3