Chapter 23

Mel’s POV

We left the hotel and drove back to my house. I knew if we were at my house, with my strict mom around, that we wouldn’t do anything. Liam and I were cuddled on my bed as we watched Beetle Juice on my computer.

DING DONG DING DONG

What the? It’s like 10 PM. Who could that be!?

I run down stairs with Liam following and skip to the door. Emma? Is that her?

I swing open the door to reveal a short blonde looking at the floor with a guy with a mop of brown hair. Yes. It is. And she’s with Harry.

“Hey sweetie, what’s up?” I ask sweetly as I pull her inside.

“Can I stay the night here? My parents kicked me out,” she mutters still staring at the floor. Liam and I both look at each other wide-eyed then back to Harry, who looked defenseless and somber, like someone kicked him in the teeth.

“Yah! Of course” I stutter letting her inside Liam grabbing my hand.

“I’m gonna go with Harry love,” he whispers in my ear.

“Ok. I love you,” I breathe and peck him on the lips quickly. He pats Harry on the back as he leads him out the door.

“I love you, Em!” Harry yells over his shoulder before running back inside to kiss her on the forehead.

They are truly adorable together. He runs out of the house and shuts the door gently.

“So, what do you want Lovely?” I say clapping my hands together.

“Fudge,”

“Ok,” I force a laugh.

She slumps on the stool near the island as I take out the ingredients for fudge.

“SO… Harry and I are engaged,” she says dreamily, a smile forming on her face.

“What!?” I blurt out. “I mean, that’s great! So, you’re keeping the baby with him?”

“Yah.. I think so..” she almost whispers now with a full clown smile on her face.

“I’m really happy for you, Em,” I say wrapping her in a hug.

“Can I live here? My parents said I have to have an abortion if I wanna live back home,” Emmaline states as she shoves a fistful of chocolate chips in her mouth.

“Yah.. Uh.. I’ll ask my mom..”

“Ask me what?” My mom says as she strolls into the room. CRAP> I guess I’ll have to ask her now…

“Emma was kicked out of her house. Can she live here?”

“Umm…Why was she kicked out?” my mom asked skeptically shooting Emma a fake smile.

“I’m pregnant,” Emma states blatantly. Sit. Now my mom is gonna say no…

“Melanie, may I talk to you for a second?” my mom asks, the fake smile still plastered on her face as she drags me into the living room.

“Mom, I know what you’re gonna say..”

“She can stay,” my mom proclaims.

“Wait. What!? REALLY!?” I say shocked raising my eyebrow quizzically.

“Yes. She will be a good reminder of why you and Liam should not go to far. You will see her struggle as she has a baby. It’ll be good for you,”

Ha! Of course. I should’ve guessed. My mom is always looking for a way to teach me a lesson. God. This is kinda very cynical.

“Thanks?” I say before walking into the kitchen again to only find Emma shoving her face with potato chips.