Chapter 20

Mel’s POV

Wow. Wow. That’s all what is going through my mind right now. This was perfect. The kiss even more perfect. Wow. Wow. WOW. My head is spinning. How did I get so lucky!? I bet no other girl has ever gotten this type f date before. This is spectacular.

“Have you ever wanted to live in a castle?” Liam says as he softly swings our intertwined hands and we stroll towards the castle.

“I’ve always dreamed of being a princess. Well actually… I said when I grew up I was going to be a mermaid,” I blush and he laughs at that comment.

“You are my princess,” he almost whispers. God, he is so cute. Cheesy as hell, but adorable as well.

“I can’t believe we are staying in Walt Disney’s room in the Castle!” I say excitedly lightly squeezing Liam’s hand as the worker shows us the secret elevator to the suite.

HOLY SHIT IT’S GORGEOUS! It has a 1920’s feel with gorgeous rustic beds and even a toy train set circulating above our heads. I immediately see a balcony and rush to it. I’ve always wondered what the park looked like from the top of the castle. I can finally know.

“O my…” I sigh taking in the gorgeous setting. The lights in the park have not been turned off yet and Disneyland was sparkling. It was beautiful, from the shimmering lights on Main Street, to the eerie glow near the Matterhorn, to the paper lanterns near the teacups.

“Absolutely breath taking,” I whisper to myself.

“Yes you are,” Liam says in my ear as he appears behind me and puts his arms around my waist from the back. I turn around and kiss him. Again, absolutely perfect.

We stood there for a while taking in the sight when suddenly all the lights in the park went black. I guess everyone is going home now.

“Tell me something,” Liam says while we are sitting on the bed.

“What?” I ask.

“I don’t know… anything. Something you’ve never told anyone,” Liam looks at me intensly. I gulp. UHHH. I don’t know. I don’t have much to say…

“I used to have panic attacks last year. Because of stress. Not good enough for my mom, bad grades for my standards, I thought I was fat, I thought people were talking bad about me behind my back… which some were.  And almost wanted to give up. Completely. Run away. Never see my friends or family ever again. Just start a new. But I knew I couldn’t do that….. so I’d cry…  a lot…“ I say. I’m starting to choke up and cry. I can’t believe I did that last year.  I can’t believe I went through that. Liam just brings me into a hug and holds me while I try to stifle sobs.

“Do you still feel like that?” he asked carefully. I can tell he’s worried I’ll say yes.

“No,” I said and he breathed a oft sigh of relief. It was so minimal that if I wasn’t looking for the sigh, I would have never known he had one.

“I realized that I like the way I am. I have plenty of real friends who don’t back stab me and I don’t give a shit about the people who want to despise me. I’ve calmed down on grades, not like my mom has. But I’ve learned to deal with it. I took easier classes and stuff. And you know what? I’m really happy. I have been this whole year,” I tell him. Wow I can’t believe I’m telling him all of this, “Your turn,”

He took a huge breath and immediately his voice started to quiver, “I cut myself and wanted to kill myself a few years back,”

My heart just dropped below the floor. No. No. Not my Liam. I’ve heard people tell me this before and each time I have the same reaction; No. It can’t be true. No. Please no. I need to help. Why couldn’t I help? And normally I have the same answer for myself, “you didn’t know them then”. It’s true. And I wish I did. I wish he never had those thoughts.