Chapter 11

• Dedicated to Penny Jordan

Dedicated to Penny Jordan, one of my favourite Harlequin Mills & Boons authors!

Chapter 11

            "Rashiq!"

            Rashiq looked towards the direction of the voice and saw his sister at seating on a bench opposite the fountain. She looked divine in a simple white dress that had long sleeves and came to her ankles. She stood up at the sight of him. He quickly walked towards his sister before clasping her in a tight hug.

            "Sara," he muttered her name, "I missed you!"

            She slowly pulled away. "I missed you too, Shiq-Shiq!"

            Rashiq turned red at his nickname. "Don't call me that, I'm an adult already."

            Sara chuckled, "You will always be my little brother."

            Rashiq laughed and sat himself down before patting the seat next to him. Sara sat herself down gently. She grabbed his hand in hers and tangled her fingers with him.

            "So what have you been up to? What's this I hear about you getting married?"

            "Yeah, I got married. Her name's Annabelle."

            Sara looked around. "So where is she?"

            "She's in San Diego."

            "You married a foreigner? Nice, little bro. Why didn't you bring her here?"

            "I did. She left after the first day."

            Sara turned to look at him. "Aww, honey, what did you do?"

            Rashiq faced his sister, looking defensive, "What do you mean what did I do? I did nothing! There was ball in my honour and after that she just left! And I thought she was different from all the other girls!"

            Realizing all that he had just said, Rashiq lowered his head, "Sorry, you weren't supposed to know that. This meet up was supposed to be about you."

            Sara tipped Rashiq by the chin up to look at her. No matter what, he was still her little brother who cried when he fell, cried when he did not get ice-cream, and cried when he got hurt. And he was hurting.

            "You like her."

            Rashiq shook his head indignantly. "No, I don't. I don't feel."