Chapter 8

• Dedicated to my mother <3

Dedicated to my mother for unknowingly making me discover the wonders of Harlequin books (not that she knows that I found her secret stash of Harlequin Mills & Boons books - and I hope she never does). When parents tell you don't look, it's natural to say that the child would look, right? :D

Chapter 8

            Annabelle did not puke throughout the whole plane ride.

            The plane arrived at Arandia at noon, just in time for Annabelle to see the most popular thing about all deserts. Sheiks riding through the desert. Despite entering into the 21st century, it was very nice to see a balanced mix of culture and modern civilization in Arandia. There were females in long pretty dresses and males in business suits and there were also some milling along the streets in their traditional outfits. They got into a four-wheel drive as soon as they arrived. Annabelle was excited about everything she saw.

            As they rode in the backseat of four-wheel drive, Rashiq pointed out everything about his country to Annabelle. Annabelle took everything in with interest. The ride stopped just beside the desert. Annabelle took countless pictures of sheikhs with their full traditional costumes as they rode their horses into the desert.

            Arandia was separated into two parts, the desert part and the town. It might be a small country but its worth was big in the oil industry. The country had oil located almost everywhere. Some of the world's rarest jewels can also be found in Arandia. But what was most important to Rashiq were the people of his country. They were the essence of his country. They were the people who formed the name for his country. Without his people, the country was worth nothing.

            His next stop was to the palace where Annabelle would be meeting his father formally.

            The palace was beyond words.

            Annabelle gripped Rashiq's hands tight as he held her hand in his. He led her up the stairs to the palace. The guards opened the door, all of them greeting Rashiq in their traditional language. Rashiq nodded at them before ushering her in. They walked up a flight of stairs before they entered a room.

            "This is my bedroom."

            Annabelle took a look around. The room was exactly like she imagined Rashiq's room to look like. Perhaps a little bigger but nevertheless still the same. His big bed lay in the center, a small table to the side, a dark blue couch near the windows, and a big mahogany table at the corner of the room. Small pieces of his childhood could be seen around the room. The room was swathed in colours of black and blue. It was pretty similar to his choice of colour in his dorm room.

            "I like it."

            Rashiq smiled at her before gently pushing her to the bathroom. You can wash up first if you want or you can take a nap. You might be jet lagged after the long flight. I have to see my father first. You'll see him later."